Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

Hey Im losing mine at 10 :stuck_out_tongue: But I would have been there in spirit!

3 Likes

I suspect we will have this same Eskom issues no matter what time we set…

2 Likes

So ya, stage 6 lol. I’m going to draw a track on the floor and go “vroom vroooooom” with my racing wheel.
What a joke…

4 Likes

My app does not even know what Stage 6 is…

2 Likes

What, are you 6?

2 Likes

Yeah… About that Assetto Corsa league hey… I’ll be back by 20:30 but I think even more people will be out now.

1 Like

So, despite load shedding putting darkness on the start of the session, is the server up so that we at least can do some practice laps? I can’t find MEW in the server list.

It “should” start itself when the power comes back at 8:30, that’s how I set it up today at least.

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll go donner around in MEW 3

1 Like

Okay, I’ll say this, iRacing has made me a much better driver I feel. Me and the Audi spent some quality time together and it was super fun. I forgot how much fun AC can be. Got my time down to a 1:33 which I am happy about.

5 Likes

Sho :flying_saucer: alien skills. Nice one.

2 Likes

So, we wait out the week to see how the loadshedding story goes?

I doubt we’ll get another shot before the end of the year. People have their holiday plans.
I’d rather start the league with everyone present.

1 Like

Yeah this was gonna be my next question, do we park it till the new year when everyone is back(and I had more practice).

1 Like

I vote we bench it until early Jan…

2 Likes

Agree - much more fun when there’s lots of people around to laugh at drive with.

Is there anyway that the server can be setup and left running over the holiday, or are you shutting stuff down? If it can be left up, how about setting up a practice server for each of the proposed races with your race conditions so that those that are around can practice when they’re able.

Also, have you seen this tool: AC Server Manager at all?

Features:

• Quick Race Mode
  • Custom Race Mode with saved presets
  • Live Timings for current sessions, with Admin control panel
  • Results pages for all previous sessions, with the ability to apply penalties
  • Content Management - Upload tracks, weather and cars
  • Advanced Car Details - View statistics, powerful search, modify tags and more
  • Schedule events (with optional recurrence rules), with a built in calendar of events
  • Sol Integration - Sol weather is compatible, including 24 hour time cycles (session start may advance/reverse time really fast before it syncs up - requires drivers to launch from content manager)
  • Championship mode - configure multiple race events and keep track of driver, class and team points with built in sign up forms
  • Race Weekends (premium) - configure complex race weekends with custom filtering and sorting between sessions
  • Automatic event looping
  • Server Logs / Options Editing
  • Content Manager integration
  • Accounts system with different permissions levels
  • Linux and Windows Support!
  • Multi-Server Management (premium)
  • Lua Plugin Scripts (premium)

If it can work for you, what about maybe setting up a dummy Championship event with a couple of scheduled races over the next couple weeks?

2 Likes

OMG no I haven’t, it looks awesome! (and daunting at the same time), I’m installing as I’m typing this.
I love AC and it’s custom content. Check out all these screens!

I can keep the server(s) up over the holidays. Having practice servers running for each event is a good idea, I like it.

I’ll see what I can do during this week. I’ll need to learn how to use this manager as well, seems like a lot of setup, but I’m up for a challenge. I’ll host the 6 servers the normal way in the mean time while I get the server manager working.

3 Likes

Most excellent! Glad I found it :slight_smile: Maybe see if you can use the Championship mode to create practice races on a rotation for the next few weeks, same start time, different circuit every other day and then repeated? Something like that.

But the practice servers is more than enough in the interim.

2 Likes

That is flippen epic!
In fact, if we set up the Championship Manager as a practice during the holidays, it gives you time to see how it works, without testing in prod.
Dev 101.