Assetto Corsa Competizione

Time to load up a silverstone race and see how I fare XD, granted Iā€™m driving with a wheel. But Iā€™m sure youā€™ll still do better than me.

I think you have to save the control profile - at least thatā€™s what you do on PC. Check the bottom left of the page when youā€™re editing the controls.

Haha I very much doubt that. It seems I am about 10 seconds off of race pace.

Yeah, Iā€™ve saved it but every time I load up the game I have to load it as it seems to revert back to defaults.

Anyway, today the special ends in an hour or two so I need to make a decision. I really would like to keep it.

well, I did about 5 laps last night and my best time was 2:10:somethingsomething. I think theres still a second for me to gain but not sure about 3 lol.

In other news. I decided to do some MNR again last night after a long breakā€¦ had a great race on Kyalami only for my VR to go black in my face with 7 minutes left in the race. 16th would probably have been my best result so far. But it was not meant to be.

2 Likes

Keep at it bro, you can only get better with more races

2 Likes

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 09.21.16

:thinking:

Every time I start up the game I have to load my control settings, I canā€™t figure out how to keep them as a default.

Though I must say, no regrets. I am loving this game. I do struggle to find time to play it as it does require a decent amount of concentration, and with kids abound that proves difficult.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m psyched

2 Likes

Still need to get my pitstops sorted. Came into pits in second and rejoined in 14th. I donā€™t understand how or why, I seemed to have done everything right.

Did you pick up any damage?

In that instance I think so, but it was a 33 second stop. Again, in another race I started on pole and dropped to second by the time I went into pits. Rejoined in 15th and end up finishing the race in 13th. This was a no damage stop and a routine 30s locked controls pitstop.

Unless the AI has just got seconds on me per lap.

Was the pit stop mandatory? It sounds like only you pitted while the rest stayed out.

2 Likes

Yeah it was a mandatory stop. Only thing I can think of is that I am losing time on pit entry, though I donā€™t see losing that much. Otherwise losing seconds a lap, which doesnā€™t seem to be as I can keep up with the AI. Not sure whatā€™s going on.

1 Like

The only other thing I can think of is what is mandatory for the stop? E.g. Add Fuel, Change Tyres? Tyres take 30 seconds but adding fuel can take a shorter time if itā€™s a lesser amount. It may be that the mandatory stop is only to add fuel?

Interesting and I suppose very possible. I will have to try that, I am still learning how pit stops work, there hasnā€™t been much or any explanation regarding that.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will have a looks at that.

I have been wondering. Does playing in free practice mode count towards lap times and more importantly, towards your ratings?

Yes it does. It wonā€™t affect your safety rating since there arenā€™t other cars on track. Free practice is a great way to get your track competency stars. 4 clean laps in a row for 3 stars on a track. Donā€™t need to push time, just manage consistency.

1 Like

Yeah, try telling that to my left brain and my ego. I need to beat my previous lap and my personal best :stuck_out_tongue: but yeah, I have a continual urge to constantly push, and then get pissed off when I touch off track and invalidate.

2 Likes