Assetto Corsa Competizione

Same here, which is why I stopped after the 2 races there. Was looking for a way to increase difficulty, seems there isn’t a way…

Some comments on the internet says you can change it by changing files, but that sounds like too much hassle.

I must say the online experience is rather fun. Did a race at Spa, and came in 4th. Only 7 seconds behind the winner. Had some good side-by-side battles with people, and everyone looked like they treated the racing seriously. Felt very similar to iRacing in some sense.

@SlinX and @DieGrootHammer ACC was not really intended for single player campaign at all. It is very shallow and just race after race. ACC was targeted at Multiplayer

Fair enough. I can get behind that. It’s just a pity the multiplayer aspect only has quick events if you don’t have any dedicated servers to play on.

1 Like

Yay, had my first win today in multiplayer. Quick 10 minute race around Catalunya, and the 100s of laps in F1 definitely helped with knowledge of the track.

1 Like

1 Like

Sorry for lack of sound, will try post a better vid sometime. This pretty much sums up my race.

I am the green Audi

1 Like

We really need a vacuum cleaner emoji, because that sucks. Were you able to continue or was there damage?

Other car rejoined track at the apex, :man_facepalming:

I must say I am starting to enjoy the multiplayer races. Had a few last night, and got good results. At Monza I failed to qualify, and started from second last. Thank goodness because by the end of lap 1, I was in 5th in a 26 car grid. By the end only 9 players ended the race, and I got 4th.

Despite for obvious idiots like Flex showed, I find the overall racing quality rather good. Unless you race at Zandvoort. Damn that track is a destruction derby the first 2 laps. I have not yet been able to finish a race on there due to being taken out very early.

What’s the best way to get your SA rating up? Career mode or online multiplayer?

It increases when you do successful overtakes I noticed. So in career mode I run away with the lead and my SA only increases when I avoid back markers near the end of the race. There are a lot more opportunities for overtakes in multiplayer and I guess if you do a custom single player championship as well, just not sure if multiplayer rewards you more or not.

I think it was also based off close, clean racing. Perhaps try run a few laps right behind someone in a private MP server and see if that helps.

So, more importantly, does your Safety rating get negatively impacted if you crash while messing around in your own quick races?

I went digging into the details of all the ratings in ACC, and there are a few. Rather alarming amount.

Your driving is evaluated at all times, during single or multiplayer races of any kind. As you drive different races, your driving will influence different ratings, namely:

Track Competence Rating - TR
Consistency Rating - CN
Car Control Rating - CC
Pace Rating - PC
Safety Rating - SR
Racecraft Rating - RC
Competition Rating - CP

TR you get by driving the correct lines and not making mistakes on track, regardless of your speed
CN increases as you lap the track more consistently and keep your times similar and fast
CC decreases every time you loose control of your car in some way
PC you only get when completing the Special Events in Single Player
SR you get when battling other cars on track, how safe you are when driving against another car
RC you get when you beat other drivers that have a higher overall rating than you
CP you only get when doing the Competition Server races in Multiplayer.

That is a damn massive amount of stats and ratings, and all can be seen in the Driver option from the main menu.

2 Likes

Like a fool, I thought the “stats” tab was already selected when you click on driver. Was looking for these stats for so long :man_facepalming:

I love stats :heart:
I’ve only done 1 online race, finished 2nd.

1 Like

Ok cool, so now one can know in cold hard stats that they suck at racing :joy:

I jumped online into a quick match last night and landed up at Spa. Managed to qualify in 4th and was about to race when the wife demanded my presence in hanging things up so I had to disconnect…

1 Like

Guys keen for a race some time?

Doesn’t seem to be enough interest for a solid league, but casual races cans till be done from time to time if enough people are in

I’m keen to lose against you.

1 Like

Nah man! you always manage to pull out impressive times no matter which racing game

2 Likes