Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

It’s cool and all, but we had a 6 week league with the ginettas and the race was an hour long each race.

Easy to drive, difficult to master, can be tuned to most people’s needs. There’s a reason it’s in many big boy sims, it’s an excellent car. What LMP2 car did you have in mind?

Obviously the race has not taken place yet.
I’m currently looking at the weekend of the 15/16th May (in between 2 F1 weekends)
I’m targeting this as the ACTUAL date and hopefully wont have to postpone again.

I found a decent GT4 mod pack. I’m going to put them up on one of the servers tonight and we can check them out. I’ve done a lot of reading on the Guerrilla Mods forum where theses mods are from, and it sounds like a BoP pass has not been done yet, but a handful of these cars should be within tenths of each other.

4 Likes

Someone posted their analysis a few days ago

2 Likes

Upmarket Renault FTW!!

1 Like

I’m down for it that weekend. I’ll be a genuine slams and take a BMW lol

3 Likes

There’s never enough time to plan these things…

3/4 days to the date I set above and I haven’t been able to open registrations yet :cry:

Here’s a W.I.P shot of the poster so far

2 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

Thanks @GregRedd :grimacing:

Suffice to say, the endurance race will not be happening this weekend.

1 Like

Nope on a rope! Where is the McLaren???

Germans only…

1 Like

I didn’t have time to test any more cars. I need cupcakes to bribe the minister of defense

Hey, I just picked some good looking cars and the McLaren is an ugly shade of hot pink

The car list so far consists of:

• Audi R8
  • BMW M4
  • Mercedes AMG
  • McLaren 570S
  • Toyota Supra
  • Ginetta G55
  • Ford Mustang
  • Aston Martin Vantage
3 Likes

Server is gone :sob:

They were still running, but I had to restart it and the trackday server to get them showing up again. :man_shrugging:

Take this with a pinch of salt, hardly scientific testing. Tuning setup: Reset to default. Tested with dash view with cars that support that, else head view for ginetta and supra. I also tried to use the same braking markers for every corner, though I did try multiple lines.

• Ginetta’s in car dash view is wack. Didn’t finish a lap with this one. Also, using the only other in car view, you can’t see the apex, through the fucking A-pillar. If you aren’t using VR, I’d avoid frankly. Actually, there are better cars in the pack. (I feel like this car is only applicable, if it’s a single model race.
  • Supra also has a dash view problem, but man what a drive.
  • Easiest drive goes to Merc.
  • Mustang feels alive, and uhm very low tech in feel. Me Tarzan, you Jane. Muscle the car around every corner.
  • BMW is the safe fast car.
  • McLaren is *#$% fast, with the weirdest of the turning circles, that probably needs more finesse, than you expect.
  • Audi sounds amazing, doesn’t ride curbs that well.
  • Aston sounds like it’s under revving. Adjusting to the odd rev peak is difficult.

Did I mention that McLaren is kak vinnig :astonished:

All things considered, I’d say it’s difficult to choose. There’s a lot to like.

4 Likes

It’s good to hear that each car has something to offer, that’s what I was hoping for.

I’m going to reinstall AC tonight (grr…) and give them a go myself.
So far it sounds like the Mclaren needs some ballast, and the Aston needs to go.
I would have thought the Audi was going to be in the top 3.

Sneak peak at the almost completed poster.

2 Likes

Poster looks most epic… although that weekend… not sure on my availability since it’s my dads BDay that Friday. But I’ll see if anything is planned.

The race will most likely be on Sunday (30th) at noon.

Making this poster makes we want to do a night race…

Well if anything does end up happening we will probably do it on the Sunday lol. So will find out and see. Also yeah, night race would be interesting.