Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

The stat I am most proud of:

Turns out @aldyr is human after all!

1 Like

@oltman, how could you do this to him?

2 Likes

Ah so that explains how I got past you and managed to stay ahead :smile:

I really struggled to get good times out of the Camaro at the beginning, averaging about 2-3 seconds off the pace. About 2 hours in that all changed and I was able to get my times into the 2:14ā€™s and early 2:15ā€™s. It seems like Camaro needs that extra grip on the track.

@Dragonic well done dude, you were keeping up well!

Yeah I know you guys, @slinx and @DarthMol, had some issues(well, Slinx with the boredom, but also some spins), which helped me keep up. But yeah, defenitely increased my lap times way beyond what I thought I would get it. Could have improved more but think I broke my car with that one time I went off.

I really like the track though, itā€™s not straight forward at all. I posted my PB on lap 77 of 79, and not just due to the increased grip levels, I beat my previous PB by over half a second!

Iā€™d be keen to try this again with a much bigger grid.

3 Likes

Let us know how else we can help next time (Glad that Kelvin and I were able to help with car testing)
I feel like you got a bit snowed over with all the management of this event.

2 Likes

We missed you last night @Oltman. I do hope youā€™re not still having power issues at your place - itā€™s been 3 days now.

I didnā€™t see him on the MNR race(eventhough I didnā€™t race, I stalk) so Iā€™m also hoping heā€™s not still out of commision.

1 Like

I mean, how much power could a harry potter rig possibly need?!?

1 Like

He remembered!!!

No, all good, thanks for your concern guys. The power is on, but having GFX drivers issues with my triple monitorsā€¦ So I thought I would give it a skip.

2 Likes

Itā€™s early days, but for the next one Iā€™m thinking road America with the same GT4 pack.

I want to try and give people at least 4 weeks notice so that we can build up a decent size grid. Iā€™ll make a minimum entrant threshold so that we donā€™t end up with a 5 car grid again.

The timeline will be:

• Track and car selection (we are here now)
  • Event announcement (internal)
  • BoP and car list finalized, 2-4 weeks
  • Once finalized, public race announcement and registration opened. 3-4 weeks
  • Race Weekend
5 Likes

Yes!!! Great track! And I love the cars! I will say now I will stick with the Supra, not because of the speed buy because of the familiarity :wink:

Iā€™ll likely stick with the Camaro, it should hopefully be more of a beast around this track.

Yay!! My sexy Merc livery gets to be seen by more people for another 3 hours, as it rightfully deserves to be :smiley:

Oh yeah, good point! My Supra will again be unmissable!

1 Like

@SlinX I saw an update for one of the cars, just before the last race. So perhaps check if that changes anything

Yes I saw that too, I think it was the Aston IIRC, which is why I never bothered updating.
I will update before the next race for sure though.

There was also an update for the Camaro. I had to roll back to the previous version for the race.

1 Like

Even me, I would stick with the Porsche.