Assetto Corsa Endurance Race

You calling me a pussy?

:laughing:

3 Likes

@Slinx - I didn’t see my livery on the Quali server - is that because it was set up as a last minute thing? I didn’t mind the “001” position lights though, that’s pretty cool.

1 Like

We have a power failure (stolen cables, bliksems) that started last night at 6. Now, normally I would not be worried as I have backup power. But this has been longer than 12 hours already… I turned everything off in the house and the kids are not allowed to watch TV. This should allow the solar panels to top up the batteries slowly, but it might not be enough to run my PC for the whole race. And I definitely wont be streaming. I even forced my wife to charge her phone on our power pack, not from the wall :rofl:

And I just received this from our councillor:

Good morning all. Please be advised that I have now arrived at the Eskom substation and I can confirm that NO repairs have commenced. In fact Eskom are not on site, KDM Electricians are waiting for Eskom to arrive. I will advise as soon as repairs commence.

Privi.

3 Likes

Well that’s a bit kak. All the upmarket estate residents overloading the system with all their fancy high-end toys. Like triple screens :stuck_out_tongue:

I joke. Hope you manage to race okay - I was looking forward to ragging you about taking the P6 spot from you. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hey guys, been super busy with responsibilities. I have to skip this race. Quite bummed about it.
If there’ any chance to rescheduled it would be greatly appreciate. If not, it’s all good please share livestream links.

3 Likes

Not sure we will reschedule, but there will be more of them in future, for sure! I love me some endurance!

And dont worry about it Omar, life has a tendency to get in the way, but is often more important. Who thought we would all grow up one day and be reaponsible like this? Not my mom, thats for sure!

3 Likes

Quite disappointing to see the numbers as well. Also why I am bummed. Out of all the group I raced with it’s more enjoyable here.

2 Likes

You can watch real GT4s :grin:

1 Like

@oltman @GregRedd your skins have been loaded, for everyone else, you can get them here

The warm-up session will begin at 11:30am, and it will transition right into the race session at 12.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Aww man, really hope you can stick around for the whole race.

sucks, but yeah there will be another, also bummed about the numbers, but next time hopefully we’ll at least have Jay and Hammer too to make up some numbers. And hope we can get a few more on board.

meh…mxm

1 Like

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :zap:

Was great while it lasted!

3 Likes

Sorry mate. If it’s any consolation, Eskom saying there’s a high probability of load shedding again later today… :expressionless:

On the plus side, there’s always a silver lining… guess who was classified P6? :smiley:

5 Likes

Ayyyy, @oltman, you kept your place!

Man, pity we lost Oltman and Mo. Otherwise, great race to those that survived the treacherous conditions that is endurance racing.
All I can say, Knees weak, Arms spaghetti.

Also @oltman, look at my best lap :smiley:

5 Likes

Yay! I am destined for P6!

Well done all and the lap times look great! No idea how Brent got the Mclaren to go that fast with the restrictor on!

Nice @dragonic!

4 Likes

I’m broken as I lay on the couch. Medic!

5 Likes
1 Like

@oltman , well done on being the most consistent driver :smiley:
crazy that @aldyr is 2 laps away from both @DarthMol and @SlinX. Although they had spins and I don’t think he had any.
I’m also feeling moerse confident after this weekend, the fact that I was on the same lap as @DarthMol and @SlinX most of the time, barely saw them, but still on the same lap and that counts. Hope I can keep it up in other races.

3 Likes
5 Likes

TBH, I got bored and started doing 2:18’s for while, and then I AFK’d during my pitstop for 2 mins as well. @oltman was my motivation, I was chasing him down from 20 seconds back. When he left it was like the light went out in my heart :broken_heart: :sob:

Still, well done to @Dragonic, much improved pace, keep it up.

3 Likes