Assetto Corsa & AC Racing League [MEWRL]

The 2021 car is literally the only one I do NOT have, but seeing @GregRedd has me covered, dont worry about changing it.

3 Likes

Now that the F1 season has ended, I’ll probably throw up a short rotation of the 2023 calendar. I’ll add the 2022 and 2020 cars as well, bought them, so why the hell not.

As far as Corona Cup goes, now is probably not a good time to get things going, so I’m going to add a bunch of cars and tracks, we can do some voting, etc, and in the new year we can get started proper.

2 Likes

I think some random track day time trial leaderboards would be lekke for those of us that wouldn’t have been able to commit to a time anyways. I’ll chuck in some poopy times for Greg and Emo to beat. Choose a car and we see how is kakkest. Maybe do the trackday server? I suppose that was what that server is for? no?

4 Likes

I would love to the Champion of Champions make a comeback as well. Would anyone object to me setting up something like that?

• Rally
  • GT3
  • Corona Cup
  • F1 (races or hotlaps)
  • random hotlap challenges

Those were some of the most fun I had on here!

7 Likes

That server is just for random cruising/hotlapping with a mix of random cars, not necessarily purpose-built racecars on purpose-built race tracks.

Once Corona Cup is set up and I have stracker installed, we’ll be able to do that there.
Stracker allows you to filter laptimes by car and track, it will be better for that purpose.

@oltman You thinking each discipline in a different game? DiRT2.0, ACC, AC, F1 2022?

4 Likes

We can even do different disciplines all in AC…

4 Likes

Yes!!! Reboot the MEWRL CoC now!
Do it! Do it!
:smiley:

4 Likes

@Slinx does not want me to race…

3 Likes

I take it that’s the F1 server?
I’m probably running an older version of the car.
Versioning is hard :expressionless:

Edit: Fixed, thanks @oltman

2 Likes

It was actually all 3… I can confirm it is now working!

But there is a bug on the Yas Marina track, for anyone keen to give it a shot. At the exit of T1, at the end of the green astro on the right, the curb begins. But right at that transition seems to be an invisible wall that crashes my car every time. I am TECHNICALLY still on track with the white line rules, but this stops me from having a good T1 exit… Still, lap times dropped a second or 2

Where can I see the results?

2 Likes

Got Assetto Corsa today. Will be trying out the mx-5’s when I get home :smiley:

4 Likes

You will need Content Manager (an AC launcher on steroids), Custom Shaders Patch (which enables many mods we use), and a few other plugins that I can’t quite remember now.

There’s a few things you want to install. I’d recommend joining the MEW discord, for some real time help from us, cos it’s easier to walk you through things you need.

Note to self: Because the info is so scattered, it really is time I made that AC Setup and Modding guide topic, that’s separate from the racing league topic :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Nowhere yet, still setting that up. I’ll drop the link when it’s ready.

2 Likes

Is it difficult to install all the extras?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see some links. Will attempt this evening :smiley:

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t think so, but that’s usually famous last words. So, try and if you have a problem, give a shout.

2 Likes

AC is a game where modding doesn’t actually feel like modding, it just feels like this is the way it was intended to be used.

3 Likes

https://acstuff.ru/

Custom Shader Patch(CSP) and Content Manager (CM). You want one of the recommended versions for CSP

Err… fyi, it is written by a well meaning russian (Ilya). It’s not dodgy :joy:

5 Likes

Many of us have even given him money. He sometimes parks his yacht here in South Africa since Cyril said it was O.K.

3 Likes

Assetto Corsa does not hold your hand like Automobilista 2 does. Heck. I thought I was doing alright until just now haha.

2 Likes