Automobilista 2: Motorsports Simulator

GT3’s are nice, probably more intuitive on the limit than ACC’s version. But I got sucked into Caterham’s on Cadwell Park, and that was the end of that session.

1 Like
3 Likes

MNR this Monday! @SlinX @aldyr @DarthMol @DieGrootHammer

I will be giving it a go!

Awesome! Hopefully I’ll be able to make it for the 2nd race

1 Like

I’m there like Fred Astaire

1 Like

Vroom vroom, who’s joining tonight for some curb riding? :racing_car: :tractor: :horse_racing:

I was keen, but after giving the GT3’s a bash, I feel like this is a missed chance. AMS has so many options, why do a GT3 race when ACC does GT3 so well already?

I will do the Imola race in AMS2 and the Suzuka race in ACC so I get some Bentley warmups.

You guys are REALLY letting the envy burn inside me for grabbing this game. And it’s still relatively cheap as well… I just don’t have the time for it all between my current racers ACC, PCars2, Forza 7 and Grid 2019! Yes, I love all racers - skiddy-slidey arcade racers and why-so-serious sims.

1 Like

Come play ACC with us - its all the racer you need :wink:

If you guys aren’t so busy with AC… Which, by the way I managed to get to recognise and work flawlessly with my G920 the other day!

3 Likes

Here’s the week in Sim Racing if you’re keen:
Monday - Monday Night Racing in ACC (and AMS2 this week) starting at 7:30pm
Tuesday - MEW Assetto Corsa League - Currently doing the Cortina Corona Cup - not too serious, more about having a good laugh
Thursday - Raceface GT3 league in ACC (nearly finished so maybe stick with the first two)

1 Like

The one thing that AMS2 has is the different tracks that you don’t find in ACC.

The MNR guys did do a few other vehicle class races in AMS2 (I managed to join in for the F301’s which were great) but I think the GT3’s and GT4’s are still the most popular to race so they’d have the most potential to lure people over to try.

Edit: That said, I’ve heard that the Mini’s are a lot of fun to drive. That could offer some entertaining races. Also, in my opinion, the Go-Karts are a lot of fun (NOT the Superkarts though, those felt horrible to drive the last time I tried)

1 Like

Come join our AC Corona Cup!
Just click one of the registration options at the top of the page.

I can’t do evenings around that time, as that’s putting-a-toddler-to-sleep time. Best I can do is from 21:00 onwards.

Sadly I don’t own any DLC for AC… So if it’s vanilla tracks and cars, I can join.

The recruitment teams are working hard today! :wink:

AC is probably your best bet: loads of free content (cars and tracks) and we will mostly be racing these free tracks and cars.

1 Like

I hear you, it helps that my kids are older and therefore easier to get off to bed before the racing starts.

There’s often 2 races on Monday so you could join the 2nd as it usually kicks off around 21:00

Likewise with the Corona Cup, we do two races - so the 2nd one should be accessible for you.

So I bought and tried it. It’s terrible! It felt like driving a bouncy castle…

Which car did you drive? Believe me it makes a big difference

I just fired up the championship and drove a Toyota. Can’t exactly remember which one…

I’d recommend giving it another go with a different vehicle.

For open wheel the F301 is fantastic, I’ve heard that the Mini Coopers are also great to chuck around.

@aldyr would be able to give some recommendations too.

The game is still a work-in-progress so there will be some misses. But when it clicks, the driving feels fantastic.

1 Like