Automobilista 2: Motorsports Simulator

I could hear it. The engine sounds were terrible and didn’t scale smoothly. Very “notchy”. I’ll wait until they polished it up a bit more before I give it another go. Who knows, maybe it’s great in VR? Then I’ll give it a go once my Quest 2 arrives in Jan.

Not all the car content is excellent. It’s a very small dev team, which means a lot of people, cut them a little slack. It’s doesn’t come from huge financial backing or large amounts of resources. So maybe keep that in mind, when you compare them to games like ACC. It’s using the madness engine, aka Project Cars 2 engine. The VR experience is just about the best experience you can, it runs like a dream.

The driving experience is unbelievable, you can push to the car’s limit, and play there. The cars feel intuitive, and playful. Everyone will probably like different cars, so I’d recommend you try a track you know, but with a few laps per car, and just jump around. GT3’s are good. The slower caterhams are good (not the 620R, that thing is a monster). That thing that looks like a beetle is quite nice too. Mini’s and the less powerful openwheelers are excellent.

If I had to highlight one thing, that is completely different from AC/ACC, it’s braking. You brake hard for often longer, and bleed off the pedal. That’s not to say, you’re not normally supposed to do that, but AMS2 rewards this technique more than ACC, imo.

The online racing is not great. You would have to find a group of people that are willing to host. It’s a little buggy there.

2 Likes

DLC Tracks to be Available for All in Multiplayer

Living up to a promise made a few months ago, all DLC tracks will as of v1.2 be available for all users in a Multiplayer session, whether they own the track or not.

The DLC cars in turn will remain available exclusively for owners, although you can still race against them as opponents if the race is set to allow a class which content you do own.

Although all the developments mentioned previously in this update also contribute to boosting Multiplayer racing directly or indirectly, there will be more Multiplayer-centric features incoming in next few months to help increase Multiplayer action around AMS2.

A very technical update to the driveline in AMS2. So technical that probably only @aldyr will be able to understand the difference :smile:

1 Like

Time to reinstall AMS2 and live out of the dream of F1 cars at Kyalami!

3 Likes

Ahem… Assetto Corsa…

3 Likes

True, but since I don’t have the latest RSS F1 mod, and this is a free update with the F1 2022 cars…

3 Likes

Oh, free? Ignore my AC comment! :joy:

2 Likes

'tis a monstrous update indeed:

1 Like

Eewww

1 Like

One day, @aldyr, one day…

2 Likes

Time to jump back in and test out the improvements.

1 Like

This looks safe…

I actually installed it recently because I heard the update was gonna be good. Will find out!

2 Likes

I’m on a discord where they race AMS2 a lot. I think some of them are friends with community managers and possibly even friends with some Reiza employees. Every single update, they go test every single change. The game still seems to be hit and miss, meaning some of the cars are busted in some way. Not many, mind you, but some are definitely broken, that they just don’t race them.

2 Likes

I did not renew my iRacing subs, it just got too expensive.

So i have been trying out different sims in my library. The best so far has to be AMS2! But one championship in particular:

Brazilian Stock Cars 2022

Imagine a Corolla with a 6.7l V8 with no assists and racing against greats like Ruebens Barrichello on the best tracks Brazil had to offer. So much fun and very close racing. Love it!

3 Likes

Nice! I’ve reinstalled AMS2 recently and was looking at doing some races. There’s a streamer, MetsVR, a middle age English guy, who has built up a bit of a social league where they often race in AMS2 and I’ve been thinking of joining in.

3 Likes

Let me know where :wink:

1 Like