Automobilista 2: Motorsports Simulator

Automobilista 2 is a racing sim that seems to be gaining traction (badum tish) in the sim racing community since its 1.0 release.

Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. At its core, it is a comprehensive simulation of the brazilian motorsports scene, featuring all major brazilian racing series, race tracks and manufacturers.

Packing an even larger roster of diverse cars and tracks than its predecessor, Automobilista 2 ventures further into the best of international motorsports, including prestigious brands along with iconic venues such as Brands Hatch, Mount Panorama and Imola, at the same time continuing to explore the more exotic and exciting forms of motorsports from around the world.

Boosted by a new technical partnership with the developers of the award-winning Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 is built on the MADNESS engine, providing incredible graphical quality, the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing simulator and superior VR support, to deliver a substantial realism upgrade over its precedecessor and a fully immersive visual experience.

The game has a long-term development plan that will see continual developments being made over several years following its release, with the addition of new game modes, features, cars and tracks from the best of the past, present and future of motorsports!

The game has been praised for its tyre modelling and force feedback as well as its VR support.

I’ve just recently purchased the game so I’ll have more to share from my personal experience soon.

4 Likes
2 Likes

From some reading in the past, feels like AM and AM2 has somewhat of a cultish following, touting tyre model as the most important thing that us niche, but bigger niche of AC drivers should care more about. Except content is kind of important too… and they seem like an even smaller studio, which amounts to higher quality content, released at a snails pace. There’s also some grumbles about things they take a long time to address. Again, probably just a natural outcome of having a small team.

That all said, seems like it’s worth the money. I mean, how many quality games do us simracers get to choose from? You can probably count it on one hand. :cry:

2 Likes

Uhm, this game is amazing. If you can find a car you like to drive, which admittedly is difficult, with so little official cars. But man, the driving experience is next level. Caterham’s are fun to fling around a track. So many open wheels cars on offer. Even took an Aussie V8 for a spin around Bathurst, in the words of Gordon Ramsay, Fuck meh :heart_eyes:

Best part, the VR performance is stellar! No frame drops, and i didn’t even touch the graphics settings :astonished:

Haven’t bought any DLC yet, but i’ll make a plan this week

3 Likes

I’ve only spent an hour flinging cars around in VR and already these are the things I love about this sim:

• Outstanding VR support for a new title (makes sense since PC2 has awsome VR support too)
  • Depends on the car, but handling feels very intuitive.
  • FFB is great without even touching the settings
  • First time in a while I was actually scared to push a car to it’s limit (The MCR is a hell of a machine)

Only negative I can think of is that the sound could use a bit of work in some cars, I’ve only tried a handful.

1 Like