Back 4 Blood - Come Slay With Us

Oh you saucy thing you! And you haven’t even bought us dinner yet!

I am quad-curious enough to possibly join your little adventure, but may be a little late. I must warn you that I never got a chance to do anything in the Beta, and cannot claim to have spent more than 10 hours in L4D years agao. Also, I’m general very kak at shooty-mac-shootalot, so if there’s anyone else around at the alloted time that wants to jump in ahead of me, it’s all good.

Also, I’m still horrified at the retail price of this game:

Standard is R1249.
Xbox 2021_10_16 18_35_35

Just shy of R2K and you get:

• Base Game
  • Annual Pass: Three upcoming downloadable content drops with New Story, Playable Characters, Special Mutated Ridden, and more
  • 4 Character Battle Hardened Skin Pack
  • Additional digital in-game items: Rare Banner, Emblem, Spray, Title

Sweet, I’m down for whatevs.

Okay, so maybe not.

Selecting “OK” just takes me back to the click LMB or press spacebar to sign in screen.
I’ve checked in Xbox app and in Windows Store - no update to be found anywhere?

Never mind. Shutting the apps down and restarting them obviously did something useful. Patch downloading and installing now…

Sorry, I was around for about 30 minutes on Discord but no one showed so I bailed. You guys still going?

Hey man, we all missed each other. We’re going to start shortly if you are still keen?

We’re on the Mew Discord now

Thats insane!

This is better:

The game is a lot of fun, and has so much Left 4 Dead memories that I had a tear in my eye… Or it was the boomer / bloater exploding in my face. I dunno.

2 Likes

THAT was fun!!

Thanks gents.

2 Likes

Much better, but still not nearly as good as a Game Pass subscription. Even if they do only keep it on for a couple of months, it’s still the best value gaming possible at the moment.

Was a lot of fun playing with you kids tonight. We slayed us a whole horde of zombies. Mom is proud of you all!

3 Likes

Thanks for the game guys, looking forward to more slaying with y’all

2 Likes

any plans to play again this week? honestly want to get game pass to play this (and many other games) but don’t really want to play with randoms

I with you there. I really dislike random matchmaking in any game. Saturday night’s session was fun, I’m game for moar, time permitting of course. I think we’re all in the same boat, family guys.

Yes, definitely keen for more. I was thinking this Friday evening around 8pm?

1 Like

Sounds good to me, Fridays is generally my gaming night.

1 Like

If there’s a spot I’d like to join as well on Friday. Beo and I tried this Friday but I got annoyed and quit pretty quickly.

1 Like

Jeez the prices of games in sa shocking

4 Likes

It’s insane. Which is why I mostly don’t buy games but just make use of Game Pass.

4 Likes

To be clear, those prices I posted are the Xbox console prices, which have always been significantly more expensive for SA console players. Especially when PC players get the added bonus of cheaper prices on Steam or Epic due to Regional Pricing.

But not all developers/publishers give us Regional Pricing. The Steam prices for this game that @Oltman posted a few below mine are a good example. R800 was probably the ZAR equivalent of the standard US$60 price tag at the time it was listed.

The EA takeover of Codemasters is another prime example of how expensive even PC games are for us here without the benefit of Regional Pricing. Codemasters charged us R329 for F1 2020 which was the last edition released before the EA takeover. And it regularly went on sale as well. F1 2021 costs us R1000 by comparison. It went on 25% off sale (so about R750 - still double what we paid last year) for 12 days early in September, but then straight back to R1000. And that’s all for Standard Editions, no Deluxe, Premium, Bonus stuff at all.

Like @Solitude says - at the moment, for many SA-based PC gamers at least, unless it’s something you really, really want on Day 1, we wait until it goes on super sale, gets bundled with a bunch of other dreck, or comes to Game Pass.

3 Likes

@GregRedd | @oltman | @DarthMol
Are we on like Donkey Kong for tonight? Shall we say 8pm for 9pm?

I recall @wlad and @TechThief showed interest as well. Perhaps we could all get in a group party chat and slay zombos and chill.

1 Like

yeah shweet I am in as well 8pm is fine with me

2 Likes

That should be fine from my side.

1 Like