Baldur's Gate 3

Officially announced now. Super excited for this, BG2 remains my all time favorite game.

Now just for minsc and boo to be in the game.

5 Likes

Well, with Larian behind it you can be sure it will be brilliant. If it’s anything like Divinity it will be a CPRG fan’s dream come true. I imagine it being like DOS 1 and 2, but with a darker story and atmosphere.

I’ve never played any of the previous ones, but I’m a big fan of the D:OS games so I’m excited to see what it will be like.

This looks awesome. I didn’t know Illithids could possess humans in such a physical way.

Then I went down a Wikia rabbit hole and read about Illithid reproduction. Yikes.

I wonder if we’ll see a cross-over with other old Black Isle D&D franchises? Having Mind Flayers as the central villain of the new Baldur’s Gate seems like a perfect set-up to bring in Dak’kon from Planescape: Torment.

1 Like

Minsc and Boo coming back?? Will cry tears of joy if this is real.

1 Like

Hell yeah can’t wait.!

I never finished either of the originals. Back then I wasn’t really into CRPG’s.

I am looking at getting them both on Switch someday though.

4 Likes

C annot wauit.

I finished the first one but sadly never finished the second one even though the second one was the better game by far.

I did not know it was possible to get this hard…

Can’t wait.

Finished both originals and their expansions multiple times. One of the best rpg series of all time.

2 Likes

Im quietly excited

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

I also finished the first, but never the second. These games were thoroughly amazing, but also long.

2 Likes

Oh man, I loved them back in the day. I don’t know if I have the time (nor the patience) for it these days. My game time is not only limited but happens in short bursts.

That being said, I am yet to play Dvinity Original Sin 1 or 2 but they hype is building for this. The game is looking ab.so.lutely beautiful. I get excited when watching these videos and I feel the goosbumps starting.

Larian look to be doing a banging job with it, as they should given what I’ve seen and heard from DOS titles.

1 Like

The game looks awesome. But this game seem to be a solid timesink.

They still have so many bugs that was in Divinity to sort out in this game as well.

1 Like

I doubt there would be bugs. It’s for all intents and purposes Divinity: Original Sin 3 as well. Just in a Baldur’s Gate setting. So the engine is stable and the team are comfortable building that type of game.

1 Like