Baldur's Gate 3

Larian managed to get their tick tock account banned with yesterday’s final panel from hell. Tick tock didn’t like a shapeshifting druid having a romance scene…

Final release trailer:

2 Likes

Pretty interested in getting this. I played BG1/2 as well as other CRPGS such as Divinity and the Pillars of eternity series.

2 Likes

haha and here I am only now considering getting Divinity Original Sin 1/2.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is still out of my price range. Will look at it closer to RC as I believe it is still in EA?

1 Like

It’s still EA for a few weeks. PC release is 3 August…
Price hasn’t actually changed since the EA was released. Still $59.99. problem is Rand went to hell in 3 years.
I got the EA for under R400 and now it’s R799.99 on steam.
Still cheaper then starfield thought which is ridiculous with standard edition price of R1400.

2 Likes

Take note Larian have reneged on the 72hour headstart for pc players who ordered the digital deluxe or CE.

1 Like

I am VERY interested in this game but I don’t like Divinity OS 1&2 at all so I’m not sure yet if it will be worth buying only to find out its DOS2 wrapped in a DnD skin. I tried DOS 2 again this week and I still cannot get into it. My main problem with it is the difficulty, how you always have to be aware of everything in the environment like barrels or even blood that is now wet and can be electrified etc. Just too many systems running in the background.

I do love CRPGs though but very much prefer titles like Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny, Torment, Wasteland 3, etc.

I’ve done some reading yesterday and came across quite a few people sharing my dislike of DOS2 but who have said they love BG3 so there is hope. I first have to buy an SSD but Im definitely strongly considering BG3.

2 Likes

Play on story then that won’t matter as much.
The combat in EA does still have elements like that. Wouldn’t say using them is essential thought.

1 Like

Ive put 34 hours into DOS2 on story mode (I’m really bad at games). I’ve given the game a fair chance, I’d say. It’s not for me.

How heavily does BG3 combat rely on things like making sure your party are in the correct positions etc.? And do the classes have more of set/distinct feel to them? In DoS 2 classes are all pretty open ended and you can go outside your class and get skills and stuff and that didn’t work for me. I like the idea of the Monk in BG3 that uses different styles of Kung Fu, that’s my jam.

Urgh. Im off today and tomorrow. Ill downlaod DoS2 for the third time this week…

2 Likes

They have to stick mostly to dnd rules so classes are distinct.
There will be a respec character in game. Where you can respec everything but race for 100 gold.
There is also multiclassing so you can make so very distinc characters.

We have only gotten to play the standard difficulty on EA so difficult to say how much of a difference positioning will make. Getting your ranged characters to higher ground does grant advantage as does getting your rogue behind.

I suspect positioning will be more forgivable on easy but will make a big difference on hardest.

2 Likes

Seems some devs are running scared bg3 may rise industry expected standards:

2 Likes

I found that very interesting: marketing department hypes the game and the devs are trying to manage expectations. Never see that before.

3 Likes

Launch time will 5pm for. Disappointing that they didn’t even bother with one time zone for Africa on the announcement:

2 Likes

So tempted.

1 Like
1 Like

Normally that shadow on their map falls right over Africa, so what do we actually expect? :frowning:

2 Likes

Final community update before launch. Sadly no preloading, game is 122gb download.

3 Likes

Details regarding twitch drops:

2 Likes

Meh Fu*k Twitch.

1 Like

Download day is here! I’ll most likely start playing tomorrow morning only.

4 Likes

PSA from Larian. They recommend uninstalling the EA instead of just updating.

2 Likes