Battlefield 2042 - The Bang Bang Club Returns

If they’re not shooting at you, friend. If they’re shooting at you, probably foe.

1 Like

light blue tag on light blue sky background, with colour blindness… I’m just going to have to shoot at anyone not in my squad just to be safe :laughing:

(Seriously though, screenshot something to illustrate it for me if you can. I’m going to check for colour blindness accessibility options meanwhile - ideally, I want a pulsing neon red arrow over the head of anyone I should be shooting at :smiley: )

1 Like

There are colour bind options that you can change to improve visibility.

1 Like

Have they finally removed the enemy tagging? Omg game changer right there!!

Are you protonopia? I could use someone of your skills!!

1 Like

A bit of both deuteranopia and protonopia.

@wenzdayz did a “how colour blind are you” post a while ago that has some interesting results… here:
How colour blind are you?

1 Like

Yep only certain things can tag. Such as being a spotter in a vehicle.

I finally experienced the tornado first hand - it is truly gigantic and terrifying!

Right, tonight I’m also getting involved. decided not to get EA Play after the initial struggles of people trying to log in, coupled with the fact that my friends also didn’t want to bother to play early.

So is this game worth getting at R1k? or is it still a sniper fest?

Played a few rounds last night. It doesn’t spur me on to wanting it or instil any excitement in me to buy it. I haven’t played much BF since I played BF4 on PC years ago. With that being said, it still feels much like more of the same, if you enjoy and get fun out of BF then that’s still there. I don’t see it innovating much if at all, besides keeping up with technology and getting bigger.

If you enjoy Battlefield; I can’t think of a reason why you shouldn’t buy it, and I can’t give you a reason not to either.

2 Likes

I think it’s worth it.

The beta is buggy, as expected, but the game feels good, shooting is fun, vehicles are fun, matching up with friends is a million times easier than in Warzone. I bought it, I don’t regret it.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to be a sniping fest. I read somewhere that the sniping is more difficult apparently.

That said, is it worth R1000? I’m not sure. It is fun and there have been some interesting additions. I like the fact that you can call in a vehicle drop rather than have a super long hike to get to the action should you find yourself isolated.

A lot depends on the other maps and the other game modes - BF Portal is something I’m interested in with the remastered maps.

Best thing is to try out the beta.

4 Likes

The other guys have given you the game related pros and cons - I’m clueless about the value of those decisions.

But, frugal gamer me says if you are in anyway seriously considering getting the game I would (again) strongly recommend a doing a full year EA Play Pro subscription for R1200. That gets you full access not only to Battlefield 2042, but also to most of the EA/Origin library for a full year. And generally at “ultimate edition” levels of access.

For Battlefield 2042 for example you get Full access to the Battlefield 2042 Ultimate Edition starting November 12, 2021 (that’s a full week of early access to the ultimate edition that costs R1600).

If you think you’ll be able to get R1200 worth of value out of this game AND all the other EA games you’ll have access to, over an entire year, EA Play Pro remains a no-brainer in my mind.

https://www.origin.com/zaf/en-us/store/ea-play

EA Play & EA Play Pro Game Memberships | Origin | Origin

3 Likes

Look i have most of the BF games… as i enjoy FPS games. The only battlefield i dont own is the last one. I thoroughly enjoyed 4 and 1 and actually loved hardline but not a lot of people like that one.

@GregRedd i have quite singular tastes so the EA Pro Pass may be of better value but i doubt i would really find time to play anything else. i do dabble in other games every now and again but do get stuck into one game and will play it t death.

MMM if the hubby gets it i will probably get it to join him and annoy him :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Kidd Redd uses the account to regularly play Sims 4 - she’s a big fan (and honestly the sub is worth it alone for the time she spends in it and the joy it brings her). I’ve used it in the last year or so for Jedi Fallen Order and Star Wars Squadrons, loaded up a few Need for Speed sessions, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and a handful of other bits and pieces. I even still have Anthem installed, even though I haven’t look at it in over a year.

1 Like

Not sure I’ve missed this, if it has been mentioned. But seeing as EA Play is included in Game Pass Ultimate, is that to say that BF will be coming to Game Pass? Or is BF only included in the EA Play Pro subscription model?

Sorry but no game is worth 1k, R500 i can still do but not 1k, hoping to play when i get home, did not get ea play since i have nothing else on ea i want to play now, and r50 for a weekend is not worth it

1 Like

Game Pass EA Play subs (whether separate sub or through GP Ultimate) will get access to the game, (and to the currently running Open Beta, that’s how many are trying the game at the moment) but with the standard EA Play limitations: Early access, initially only a limit of 10 hours of play time, access to Standard Edition only once the game gets formally added to the EA Play List Library (normally about 6 months after game release). Pretty much the same conditions for all EA Play subscribers, whether you subscribe through Game Pass, Steam, or directly through Origin.

Here’s a comparison between the two EA Play versus EA Play Pro for Battlefield 2042:

Basically, if you want full access and all the bells and whistles you’ll need to buy the game outright, or opt for EA PlayPro.

1 Like

Just played a little now. I like it. No sniper problems but the guns do feel like lazers.
At first I had no idea of the control scheme. But once I got settled it felt good. Graphics are great I didn’t have any performance issues. But there was a bit dodgy lag going on.

I prefer insurgency but I did have fun. I might buy it.

1 Like

Yeah, sadly EA Play Pro isn’t an option on Xbox. Thanks for the breakdown though, appreciate it.

2 Likes