Battlefield 2042 - The Bang Bang Club Returns

:expressionless:

oh I see you want to play Warzoneā€¦ here let me install all of CoD for you. Just incase you change your mind.

1 Like

I grabbed the Steam version of the beta but Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™ll need to download it via the EA App to take advantage of my EA Play sub through Game Pass in order to jump into the early accessā€¦

Modern gaming is a very complicated affair :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just seen that the Beta is available to download on the EA App which will grant early access with the EA Play sub.

So Iā€™ve uninstalled the Steam copy and am now downloading it on the EA app. Uncapped internet for the win.

2 Likes

Ainā€™t that the truth. If actually forgotten that you could do the EA Play things through Game Pass as well these days. (I gave up on it after trying to link my accounts failed repeatedly - I just play EA games through Origin the way I always have).

Iā€™m guessing that the Game Pass EA Play thing works the same as the Steam option? Still uses the Origin launcher?

1 Like

From what I read, beta access is completely open on all platforms no EA Play required.

I think Early Access to the real deal in November will depend on the edition of the game you buy (ie. how much you spend) and Iā€™m sure the earliest of access will only be available through Origin/EA App.

Nope the EA App works independently without Origin. In fact you canā€™t run one while the other is running. I also see that in the Origin App I do not have EA Play, only in the EA App. The game library is the same though.

2 Likes

:confused: So like you saidā€¦ complicated :dizzy_face:

Thereā€™s two extra days of Open Beta ā€œEarly Accessā€ for EA Play subscribers (and pre-orders I assume). They get Open Beta access from tomorrow to the end, normies only get the 2 days over the weekend.

1 Like

Yeah I am a normie downloading the open beta now. And Iā€™ll give it a go on the weekend

1 Like

Thanks for correcting me!

1 Like

Yebo, I think I will purchase the cheapie monthly EA Play(at R49) to get those extra 2 days haha.
Will be playing and completing a game during the month I have in order to make the EA Play purchase worthwhile. Iā€™m thinking SW Squardrons(mmm VR SW action)

2 Likes

No commentary gameplay from JackFrags - in 4K nogal.

My impressions so far - quite a few bugs. Most serious was that I couldnā€™t shoot or run. Clearing out the controller inputs fixed this but it was a painful process.

Once I could run and shoot it was time to have some fun. The map is massive! At the moment the server is mostly filled with bots but that should change come evening when more people are online. The bots are decent but not perfect. They do however play the objective really well and their coordinated capturing of control points is tough to push back against. Trying to capture a point by yourself is painfully slow so it is definitely best to work as a squad.

4 Likes

That fish-eye POV will gimme headaches. But to each their own.

1 Like
1 Like

Urghā€¦

It never updatesā€¦

2 Likes

America. Sheā€™s awake.

2 Likes

I feel so dumb asking this, but how the heck do you tell friend from foe?

Friend - light blue tag above them
Foe - no tag

1 Like