Beating Off 2.0

You do make a very valid point. The past couple of months have been rough. But then again I said this same thing last year this time as well. And I said it in October.

The problem is that at the moment I am stuck. I should be looking for a different job, but I don’t think I’ll get something like I have right now for the same pay. And the fact that I still feel some loyalty to try and get everything resolved and sorted. If I leave I don’t know what will happen to the team and the platform.

But maybe I’m just delusional. Maybe I just need a good, long holiday to properly rest. During the week I stayed at home, and still had to join meetings that nobody else could or wanted to join. So I worry about taking leave for longer periods of time.

But your comments are all valid, and something to think about.

3 Likes

The more responsibility you have, the less likely you’ll ever have an uninterrupted vacation. Case in point: I haven’t had any vacation leave in 21 months. I’ve accrued 34 days over the past couple of years and don’t see myself taking time off in the next 6 months. By then I’ll be 40+ days in the green - or should that be red? That means I technically have to take 2 months paid leave, which will most surely cause all the projects I’m involved in to fail spectacularly and halt our business growth for the period.

I read somewhere that management and, especially, executives have to take frequent, short vacation breaks. To the tee of a week every quarter. That means you get frequent time to recharge your mental energy, but you’re back at work before things get out of hand. Key is to plan it beforehand and notify people at least 6 months in advance so they can diarise it and plan around it. I’ve been meaning to try it myself, but I’m a bit of a workaholic and lack any form of left-brain ability.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, sorry ive been ghosting

3 Likes

I have been summoned :grinning: Hello :wave:

5 Likes

Did you see your name is on the wall…

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: E3 2019 Megathread - News, Info, Links, Hype & More

Morning all.

Catching up

3 Likes

Lol. Good morning!

2 Likes

Hellooos! So yesterday we left Kep for Phnom Penh for one last night before we take a bus ride to Siem Reap. This is how they packed us:

Put us in a 16 seater bus that had to have all the seats filled with a person for a 4hoir bus ride and the luggage just gets stacked. When we complained these people got upset and took an even longer road back to Phnom Penh that would make even an avid 4x4er nervous. They don’t like it when you complain at all. This bus service was supposed to drive us down to Siem Reap as well and we cancelled that while we were stuck in our hell bus and they they decided to be even more spiteful and drop us at they bus terminal that was furthest away from our hotel. At least we survived and have a story to tell.

3 Likes

Morning everyone. Hope you all have a great Monday.

4 Likes

Happy Monday!

3 Likes

Hope you are all doing well

Welcome back @Entity

morning people of the palace

Good weekend was good

3 Likes

Sup guys hope you all are doing well. Me on the other hand is doing amazing cause Cyberpunk 2077 :muscle::drooling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome back, @Entity!

3 Likes

greetings on this wet monday !

2 Likes

Took some me time.
Logged out of forums and focused on RL work and family.
Results have been staggering. Have done more production in first 4 months of the year than the whole of last year…

4 Likes

No man, its dry here

Welcome back Snowbeast

3 Likes

BTW hi MEWBS, out of all the forums I am a part of and all the other online communities this is the one I missed the most.

5 Likes

I’m glad the digital separation worked for you.

3 Likes

Twas amazing, turns out I live with a woman and two children who all seem to believe we are related. They are actually pretty cool :laughing:

3 Likes