E3 2019 Megathread - News, Info, Links, Hype & More

CNET has a round-up of the EA Play conference for those looking for a summary:

2 Likes

Via Kotaku:

A security flaw on publisher Bandai Namco’s website has led to a major new E3 leak that reveals three new games: the rumored From Software-George R.R. Martin collaboration, a new Tales game, and Ni no Kuni remastered.

The leak came through a publicly available link on Bandai Namco’s website, per the website Gematsu (which has full descriptions of each game). Via various posters on ResetEra, the leaks are:

Elden Ring , for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, a new game from the makers of Dark Souls and Sekiro in collaboration with Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin. Turns out all those rumors were indeed true.

A collaboration between the 'Souls devs and George RR Martin is a perfect match.

Kotaku has also reported on a bunch of other leaks:

2 Likes

I guess George RR Martin really liked the “You Died” bit.

4 Likes

Oh boy… EA just had the worst E3 press conference ever, and they were not even officially part of E3… 3 hours for 6 games? And none of that on Anthem. Not even a mention of it. Yet The Sims 4 gets a half hour all to itself. Hahaha!

4 Likes

Cyperpunk 2077!!
Keanu Reeves!!!
Insane, brilliant!
OMFG!!
16 April 2020

2 Likes
3 Likes

If I were in this press conference, I would be right there with everyone losing my mind when Keanu walks in…

4 Likes

Microsoft stole the show again, just like last year. Even though the details in Scarlet were very sparse…

2 Likes

I wants that collectors edition o_0… i’ve never bought a collectors edition. but i wants…

1 Like

Microsoft did really well, and I loved their conference. So many highlights and things to look forward to.

Firstly, CYBERPUNK AND KEANU REEVES!!! The madlads really did it! I am so extremely hyped for the game it’s not even funny.

The new version of the Xbox Elite controller looks awesome as well. I’ve always wanted an Elite controller. I know they’ll be super expensive, but damn it looks good.

MOTHERDUCKING FLIGHT SIMULATOR IS BACK!!! And if the game looks only 10% as good as that trailer, it’s going to be absolutely epic. I’ve always loved MS Flight Sim.

Game Pass Ultimate is the single best gaming investment anyone can make. I mean how many games did they show that will be added to the service ON DAY ONE of their release?! It’s a fantastic service, and very happy it’s coming to the PC as well.

Halo Infinite is going to be massive! I have a funny feeling that it’s going to be a massively big selling point for Project Scarlet.

Speaking of which, at least we have some news on Project Scarlet. So we know it will have an AMD Zen 2 CPU, GDDR6 RAM, an SSD, and AMD Navi PGU with ray tracing. Sounds like a good combination to me. I guess we’ll see more details on the console only at next year’s E3. Luckily we have a release date of “Holiday 2020”, so lots of time to save up for it.

Other things I liked was the new expansion for State of Decay 2, I’ll definitely be playing that. Also Crossfire X looks interesting.

3 Likes

I quickly scanned the Bethesda conference and there is absolutely nothing that interests me. I saw Commander Keen, got excited, heard it was for mobile and then promptly moved on.

4 Likes

And he looks good in game too! I love the reveal at the end of the trailer. Sort of CDPR way of saying “We got Keanu MF Reeves in our game! What you bitches got?!”

5 Likes

I was underwhelmed by the Microsoft conference overall. Lots of flash and 2020 releases.

I guess I was wanting more info on Scarlet and some out of the blue shadow drops.

1 Like

That is why sony skipped this E3. Most of the Top tier titles for the next generation is kept for E3 2020

Thats why you didnt see any forza or Fable or Perfect dark etc.

I didnt expect the double fine acquisition i was expecting it to be ready at dawn
They revealed technically the same bits of console info that sony did.

4x times the performance of the one X is a massive jump (im still not jumping on the early adopter bandwagon though)

3 Likes

Forgot to mention that i had to stream the IGN xbox conference feed via the youtube app on the xbox because the mixer feed had buffering issues.

2 Likes

One thing I was hoping for was more info on Age of Empires IV. It’s been 2 years since we’ve seen a very brief cutscene revealing the game…

3 Likes

Whoooooooooooot Terraria is getting an expansion!

3 Likes

Games that were showcased (some very briefly!) or mentioned during the PC Gaming Show this year included:

• Evil Genius 2
  • Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2
  • Starmancer
  • Chivlry 2
  • Mosaic
  • Midnight Ghosthunt
  • Unexplored 2
  • Conan Chop Chop
  • Last Oasis
  • Age of Wonders Planetfall
  • Zombie Army 4 Dead War
  • Remnant From The Ashes
  • Griftlands
  • Planet Zoo
  • Shenmue 3
  • Songs of Conquest
  • Vermintide 2 Versus
  • Per Aspera
  • Auto Chess
  • Cristales
  • Valfaris
  • Borderlands 3
  • Maneater
  • Terraria Journey’s End
  • Telling Lies
  • Warframe
  • Genesis Noir
  • El Hijo
  • Baldur’s Gate 3

The complete show will be added into the main post above soon as it’s avaialble. Meanwhile, all the trailers from the show are here: E3 2019 Trailers

3 Likes

Ubisoft Conference Notes

• This could be interesting. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Story Creator Mode.

Build your own quests. Share your stories with the world. Story Creator Mode is now free to all players.

• Watch Dogs Legion set in post-Brexit future London.
  • Some seriously cringe South London yobo accents and lines. But it looks fun enough.
  • And a sarcy AI assistant too.
  • Pretty good intro gameplay playthrough shown.
  • You can recruit and play as anyone in the city.
  • Everyone in game is fully simulated - you can hack into anyone and the games’ cinematics will adjust automatically.
  • Releasing 6 March 2020
  • With the obligatory Collector’s Edition, of course

• Rob Mcelhenney from Always Sunny in Philadelphia talks about his new TV show
  • About a game dev studio that makes the world’s most popular MMO
  • Made in co-operation with Ubisoft.
  • Called “Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet”
  • It’ll go out on AppleTV.
  • Looks very funny.

• Jon Bernthal might not be Keanu Reeves, but he is still super badass!

• Launches October 4th, Beta from September 5th - register on ghostrecon.com

• Also news on the new Ghost Recon community program: Delta Company

• Division 2 free to play for anyone June 13 - 16.
  • Division Movie being made with Netflix. Jake Gyllenhal and Jessica Chastain star.

• UPlay+ subscription service on PC
  • 100+ games catalogue
  • Early access to premium editions & DLC
  • Launches in September
  • $14.99 per month
  • Pre-register/Sign-up on ubi.com
  • Will be also available on Stadia in 2020

• Roller Champions pre-alpha available on UPlay now

• Sneak peek teaser of new IP game from Ubi Quebec (Assassin’s Creed Odyssey crew)
  • Mythology-based game
  • Gods & Monsters
  • Coming 25 February 2020

1 Like

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered!

Want!

1 Like