Beating Off 2.0

@DieGrootHammer Enjoy your little present from yourself today!

1 Like

What did he get himself?

Morning all

1 Like

Yeah, what did he do?

Morning everyone.

1 Like

Nuusierige agie!!!

2 Likes

Altyd!

ma weet jy wat

ek mis net my maaitjie, ekke kort 'n drukkie

1 Like

Ek kort ook 'n drukkie! Haha

1 Like

Kry 'n hammer drukkie, daar is niemand wat dit beter doen nie!

2 Likes

Wow, Blizzard has a PR nightmare on their hands after that Diablo Immortal announcement

2 Likes

I have signed up on google play and am actually keen to try it. I started playing D2 this weekend as a sorceress, never played that class before. Man I am useless at sorcress. Blood Raven is easy as a Barb but sorceress saw me almost die in the first quest

Oddly enough I really enjoyed Diablo and D2. I lost interest in the franchise, played D3 on the XBox and while it felt Diablo-esque something was missing. I should probably try D2 again and then follow it up with D3 (on PC as it was intended #PCMR).

It’s a shame if Activision/Blizzard decide to all but abandon the core fanbase and go for a money grab type mobile ARPG

1 Like

Nou wil ek ook weet… Komaan, mors die boontjies!

2 Likes

D2 on PC was a mission to get working. obviously needed to get the compatability thing done which was easy, but then it would still not work. kept saying insert disk. I eventually clicked I had disabled auto run. now it works well.
The graphics are terrible, but man its awesome

Oh rubbish graphics doesn’t bother me. You’re talking to someone who still plays games that was released in 1994.

Like - “Ultima VIII”

and “XCOM UFO Defense”

3 Likes

I have a soft spot for Ultima 8. The immersion in the game still ranks high compared to modern titles. I’ve witnessed the beheading by the docks so many times I can almost recall the pixels in the scene. Funny enough I never progressed too far in the game, as I end up exploring aimlessly and playing darts everywhere I can.

1 Like

I don’t actually recall ever finishing Ultima 8. I do however enjoy everything about Ultima. It’s one of those iconic PC games that actually deserves a remaster at some point in the future. Just NOT a First Person Action RPG remake.

Maybe it can be the next GameClub, so all the old-timers can actually get around to finishing it!

A remake would ideally keep the isometric perspective and freedom you have in the game, even the slightly colourful graphics. I’m not sure a Pillars of Eternity-esque aesthetic would suit it from a nostalgia perspective. The prerendered backgrounds won’t fit into the Ultima feel. Damn, I feel like firing up Unity and starting on a prototype for this… I saw there were a couple attempts years ago to remake Ultima 8, but they all failed dismally.

1 Like

Doesn’t even need to be isometric, just a 3rd person CRPG. You know the slow, almost grindy type RPGs where EVERYTHING is hard.

I enjoy the “Hey, here is our game, the first bit is a tutorial and you can totally die during the tutorial” aspect of CRPGs.

1 Like

@FarligOpptreden however you totally have me thinking that we should do a “Classic” game jam/review/play session or something. Even if it’s just to show some youngsters how we used to roll back in the day.

2 Likes

Why not? Commander Keen FTW! There are so many good old games (ahem) out there from they hey-day of PC gaming. Even the console fans can jump in with classic (emulated?) NES and SEGA games. But with those being more mainstream and almost everyone I know (except me) owning a Golden China in my youth, I got stuck in PC gaming. Even games like Dune 2 would be fun to revisit, as primitive as the mechanics would be these days (only move ONE UNIT AT A TIME???). I guess anything pre-2000 would suffice as a GameClubClassic of sorts.

EDIT: Old games were much shorter to complete as well, but had a replayability second to none, so you’d most probably be able to dust off a classic game in a weekend.

1 Like

Most classic games, not all, some will take 100s of hours.

1 Like