Beating Off 2.0

Anyone know if there’s a connection between fibre service and cell service internet access? Specifically Vumatel and Vodacom? Fibre in our area went down and (coincidentally??) when trying to find out what happened via my cell that connection is borked too. Here’s my Vodacom connection on 3G at the moment.

Telkom was also out last week and we have been struggling with our vumatel fibre connection of late as well. everytime there is loadshedding somewhere our fibre seems to go down…

…and i just got a message now from vumatel/c-fibre to say that there is a network outage in the randburg and bryanston areas

Yip, that’s the same one as us:

1 Like

I now did 270 in 2h24min, since i am using two PCs in a total of 9 USBs at a time.

1 Like

Wow, inovative of you…

What are the USB’s for if i may ask? is it gifts for clients?

Just got back to the office, we just had a staff lunch.

Nah, it’s for one client, they are basically using it as a business card/promotional thing… the usb flips out of the card then you plug it in, and it has like their brosure, promo video, etc. Quite cool i must say, but it probably cost them a bit.

1 Like

flashdrive’s and pens are the best promotional items imo.

Even better

3 Likes

5 Likes

hahaha its GENIUS! :rofl:

Also having issues on Vodacom and Supersonic. Internet is dreadfully slow…

Ours fibre is back up now. And again coincidentally, my Vodacom 3G data speed is back to normal as well. It’s well weird.

2 Likes

Nope, still very very slow on my side. Based in Midstream, so a couple of hops, skips and jumps from you.

…aaaaaaand internet is back to normal.

2 Likes

Eskoms load shedding did a number on my isp equipment hopefully they got some better equipment now.

1 Like

Why is it already 9 pm this day flew pass.

See you all in the morning. Have a good evening.

2 Likes

Morning all. Gonna be hot today by us. Enjoy your day

3 Likes

Mornin’ all

Got a group of about 100 kids coming in today. Joy…

4 Likes