Beating Off 2.0

Can I burn down telscum buildings?

1 Like

Careful… our illustrious government officials say that it’s an offence to talk like that on the Internet now.

1 Like

Well he’s an accountant so I’m assuming he wants to generate financial/sales reports for clients to give them representation of how their companies are performing. I’ve looked at the trial version of Power Bi and the interactive graphs are nice but like i mentioned i highly doubt hes going to pay that kind of money.

1 Like

If they can keep me out of unisa to sort out my studies, I can surely threaten to burn a building?

I am tired of these double standards.

Sorry ok day turned shyte :smiley:

1 Like

Zoho Analytics is probably the cheapest of the lot and has a free tier. Ultimately he’d have to decide exactly what he wants from Dashboards, Visualization of data (graphs, etc), Reporting (PNL, Income, expenditure, inventories), Predictive Analytics, Data Mining and ETL.

Some guys don’t even want most of the features; Additionally you need to consider interfaces with related systems, as in will it work with my finance system, hr system, payroll system, etc etc etc (also “do I care about this”)

SAP BusinessObjects for instance is great, as is IBM’s Cognos, Oracle BI, Qlik, Tableau, etc etc…

But pricing can range from $25/user/month to well over $215k per year

– Pick two

Refer to the Iron Triangle above when implementing new “stuff”; “Good and cheap” rarely make for a good combination.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Agreed. Most businesses looking for “dashboards” are actually just looking for aggregations on operational data with graphs slapped on top. For those purposes, a custom built dashboard with the relevant indicators works out FAR cheaper. You can have a custom warehouse, ETL process and web (or mobile or both) application with fancy SVG graphs for cheaper than the licensing + implementation cost of these fancy BI packages.

3 Likes

Yeah, “requirements first”… Implementation is the last 20% of the work

1 Like

Read you all in the morning :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Aaand it’s morning. Have a good one :+1:

1 Like

Hello world!

3 Likes

Good morning everyone

1 Like

Article idea thief :stuck_out_tongue:

Morning all

Hammer jy is heeltemal te vinning :stuck_out_tongue:

I need moar sleep

Do you all know how dangerous this is?

If I woke her up she becomes a landshark

2 Likes

Yeah I know, I already stole the article from @Entity as well :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

hahaha ai ai man hugs

hoop jy het 'n beter dag!

Morning peoples!

2 Likes

Morning all so took on terraria again what an awesome game.

3 Likes

I also loved that. It looked stupid when I started and then it ended up being great.

2 Likes

I loved it, me and a friend played it together for months and eventually beat the moonlord

1 Like

@Aeightsh where are you these days?