Beating Off 2.0

I have a friend who works for Eskom and the poor guy has to go in all the time. I feel bad for him. He hates Eskom even more than us.

1 Like

For today, I’m more upset with the electrician who wired up our office’s UPS wrong.

1 Like

yay loadshedding from 2 - 4:30 at the office and home - I am gonna be studying after all

stage 4

that escalated quickly

1 Like

Yep, I want to know what they are thinking

I don’t recall having had stage 4 before

Well i guess I’ll be catching up on some reading then

1 Like

stage 4 is cowboy mode, they can shed anywhere anytime without notifcation, for up to 4 hours at a time, last resort mode

2 Likes

Here by us it goes off 4 hours at a time at stage 1 load shedding already I think. Definitely stage 2.

1 Like

See its another reason why I will be here in the cape

2 and a half hours max here, most of the time its actually just 2 hours.

Or like today if it happens at 3 instead of 2 we get 1 and half hours if that

Afternoon all. Our loadshedding is fron 14:00 to 16:30. And again from 22:00 to 00:30. The 2de one hurts that is normally my netflix hours.

1 Like

When do you sleep?!

2 Likes

Same problem here, we like to watch from 20.00 to 22.00 and that is exactly where we being shed, so I am rapidly downloading the netflix episodes to watch offline on a laptop tonight with my wife.

1 Like

Great, so the upgrade from stage 2 to 4 loadshedding took us from no planned outage today to two outages of 2.5 hours each. If we have this tomorrow again, we’re looking at 3 sessions which would make a 7.5 hours for the whole day. Hopefully they start tomorrow after 7am again so we can miss at least one session.

Maybe I should start looking at a battery trolley for backup power. Normally I wouldn’t mind having some off time, but I have a tight deadline for end of March. Now is not the time for mini vacations during the day.

2 Likes

From 00:00 to 06:15

Luckily no load-shedding so far. Was suppose to happen 18h00-22h20.

I’m probably getting old, but the last 2 years I need 8 hours sleep.

we are sadly getting a genny for the office so no more off time :frowning: