Beating Off 2.0

Mine is going off in an hour and then no noise since the boss left the generator at home

2 Likes

powers back, now back to the daily grind

Power went off at 14:00 and iā€™m going home at 16:00ā€¦ uhmā€¦ why canā€™t i go home now?

2 Likes

Our load shedding started at 16:00, scheduled until 20:30. :rage:

1 Like

You can always braai

Same, so i took a nap

1 Like

Games that launch a launcher from a launcher just irritate me

2 Likes

How does that work? Our sessions are usually at 2-2.5 hours at a time. Or do you somehow have 2 back-to-back sessions? Tomorrow (or rather, today), we have 2 sessions though. From 11:00 - 13:30 and then again from 19:00 to 21:30. :frowning:

1 Like

Our sessions are 4 and a half hours at a time. When it hits stage 4 thereā€™s often two of them in a day.

1 Like

Morning all

2 Likes

Yes, but thatā€™s for Joburg due to some City Power thing. FarligOpptreden is in Centurion like me. (Unless he was spending the evening in Jhb :slight_smile:)

But 9 hours a day without power is hectic. I feel for you. Luckily Eskom said that theyā€™ll try to have their stuff sorted out by end of this week. So holding thumbs.

2 Likes

Ditto. 4.5 hours at a time. Not sure if itā€™s a Gauteng thing because we use more than anyone else, but it sucks whatever the reasons.

We had 16:00-20:30 yesterday, getting ready for 08:00-12:30 this morning. Peak work and traffic hours.

Traffic in the Sandton/Fourways/Rivonia areas, and into the city on the M1 has been a complete and utter shitshow. 1hr 35m to travel from Marlboro on-ramp to Wits main campus yesterday - itā€™s 15km.

Eskom Direct customers too.

2 Likes

I read somewhere that City Power operates this way for some reason. To protect equipment or something, canā€™t remember now.

My sister lives on a farm close to Nelspruit and they get their electricity from Eskom directlyā€¦ but thus far, they havenā€™t had any loadshedding for some reason.

2 Likes

Morning everyone. Sorry I havenā€™t been active. This week is insane the amount of work that I have, so I have no time to even write an article or anything. Already have worked 33 hours according to my timer app since Monday

2 Likes

Jy moet oppas, jy gaan uitbrand voor jy 35 is!

Morning people of the palace

Cant wait for the boss to leave for most of the day - I just need a break

1 Like

Howdy all

Just popping in to say hi. Got my parents here, and my maple syrupā€¦

Went to Rock Mammas with them last night. They brought my burger out with guac after I told them ā€œno guacā€. I called over the Jr manager in training, told him a get violently ill from avid. He came back with a ā€œbrand newā€ one. After I finished, he came to ask if I had any reactions, and said ā€œI hope you donā€™t. I hope!ā€

Iā€™m waiting for a call from their operator (hipster name for branch manager I guess), whoā€™s gonna check the cameras today.

Any idea what my options are here? Isnā€™t there some kind of health board I can report them to?

6 Likes

Welcome to South Africa Mom and Pop Murfle. ā€œSorry, ehā€ about the state of our nation at the moment. I promise weā€™re not all complete arseholes - most of us are actually pretty decent humans. Itā€™s just the loud and noisy ones who give our beautiful country a bad rep. I hope you enjoy your visit despite all the nonsense.
:south_africa::heart::canada:

5 Likes

Iā€™ll pass your message on, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not much you can do unless youā€™ve had a reaction. Then you speak to a lawyer and start with ā€œOne Million dollarsā€

2 Likes