Beating Off 2.0

Doubt it. Not is SA. (or maybe I’m just lazy to pursue anything)

My wife is properly allergic to gluten. (Diagnosed by a real doctor with lab tests, not part the fad going on). By now, we know what and where to order to eat safely. She’s not at risk of getting anaphylaxis (I hope), so it’s not worth the fight. Food is contaminated with gluten? I’ll save you and eat it! :rofl: :yum:

3 Likes

I guess it depends on what kind of reaction. Because I broke out in a cold sweat, felt shakey, got stomach cramps, and explosive diarrhea…

The manager called and offered the whole.family a free meal. I wonder if that means the whole menu is open… Ribs and shakes for everyone?

4 Likes

Shame man, hope it doesn’t last too long. It’s going to HAVE to be tibs and shakes for everyone! Can’t risk eating another avo-contaminated burger?!

3 Likes

Dude, you can complain to their head office and that is about it - otherwise check on facebook - there is a page called legal talk SA - they can help with free advice

Also

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai mom and dad Murfle

Your son promised me a bottle of maple syrup

hope you enjoy the stay and if you feel like visiting the cape I can play tourguide - ask @DieGrootHammer he knows how good I am

2 Likes

I only got 500ml of syrup, sorry…

oh, you definitely have a case. The restaurant can be held civilly liable. Don’t deal with the restaurant directly anymore, get legal advice and get the restaurant to deal with the lawyer.

2 Likes

I dont believe you!!!

1 Like

Anyone here with Vumatel? Seems like people are experiencing lots of issues trying to get their internet backup after power outages.

1 Like

We have the same problem with Vodacom. Yesterday our power came back on but our Vodacom fibre stayed down. It only came back on late in the evening.

DO NOT mention that foul name

My brother has been struggling with Vuma since the loadshedding started.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of telling him that our internet was up while his was still down. Hahahahaha @Nimatek

Seriously though, I hope it’s working alright now. It’s the worst when your power finally come back on only to not have internet.

3 Likes

Dude Im spending the weekend there, I have a feeling we will rage quit :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

From what i’ve seen on facebook and twitter, some people have been offline for almost 2 days now. One of my friends is with Vumatel and since this loadshedding issue started he’s had to back out of playing Anthem because his internet only gets restored hours after the power comes back on.

1 Like

Would it kill telecoms providers to use UPS devices and/or generators?

1 Like

You would think they’d have a few backup plans in the event of power outages etc.

Our office is with Vumatel as well but we don’t have any of these issues because our router has its own UPS and never switches off. Seems the majority of the issues are people’s routers trying to connect to the network when power is restored.

Supposedly Vuma has it

I don’t believe it

https://mailchi.mp/396a7dd40134/how-load-shedding-may-affect-your-fibre-connection?fbclid=IwAR0jfoKWkDSRqHpuLLUViro6kyeDDxCpa-jrWKYFnFw_mCCoYWkTQFJVfbg

2 Likes

Greetings

Telkom finally messaged me last night to notify me that my LTE order has been pre approved

2 Likes

I don’t believe them either TBH

I do kinda live in Centurion, but we fall under Ekurhuleni. It’s weird, because you drive into our estate in Tswane and end up in Ekurhuleni minutes later. So I guess it’s to do with that?

But yeah, the whole estate group is complaining about getting 4.5 hours at a time.

Ouch ok, I see. I remember now that someone said that area falls on the border of Centurion / Midrand. Hopefully Eskom manages to end loadshedding at the end of this week like they plan to. Then we must just hope that there is no sabotage by the workers who will be striking soon due to the plan to split Eskom. (can’t remember when the strike will be)