Beating Off 2.0

Dude kids were held at gunpoint during loadshedding at Computer Mania in Durbanville this weekend - so in answer to your question

No it cant

Also crusader we used to have UPS’s for the office till they died during the last loadshedding last year.

1 Like

friend of mine had his sister and her whole family held up at gunpoint this past weekend. Shortly after loadshedding they broke in and took their daughter hostage (as in removed her from her parents for 90+ minutes) and made off with electronics, cash and firearms.

Apparently the robbers kept saying that they should finish up quickly before load shedding stops as some of the additional security measures they had in place would be available and working fully.

I hate the situation in South Africa. At this rate I never want to go back

4 Likes

We had 2 break ins in our area last night, during the 6 - 8:30 shift. Our poor ADT and neighbourhood watch was slow to respond since so many people’s alarms went off for no reason

2 Likes

Not necessarily for no reason. They trigger many alarms so that the response teams don’t know where to go.

Also, tell your boss about Carbon monoxide (CO). 2 open doors might be enough to get rid of most of the gas, but it’s not enough to get rid of everything before people inhale some of it, and over time the levels in your blood will build up.
So, the open doors are enough to remove most of the CO from the office, but not from people’s blood, because CO is happily chilling in your blood. The open doors just slows down the rate of accumulation in your blood
Your boss really is an idiot.

6 Likes

I believe her boss is her dad…

1 Like

yep which means i have given up arguing about 5 years ago

At least tomorrow the other staff isd back so then the genny will go outside

dad just cant move the genny easily so I carry it - yes its heavy but I can do it, he still thinks I cant

1 Like

Morning everyone

1 Like

Morning people of the palace

Hope you all have a great day

1 Like

greetings !

went to bed without electricity, woke up without electricity, this is the world we live in now

3 Likes

Morning everyone. Got to work now.

1 Like

Good grief! That is a long commute

loadshedding at the office, the genny is running outside the building :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m so glad that Thursday is a public holiday. We’ve been so busy. Looking forward to the break.

3 Likes

Im hoping that the boss/dad gives me friday off as well

3 Likes

Yes America, despite all evidence to the contrary, this is the solution to your school shooting problem:

Muppets.

5 Likes

I’ve never seen a video game shoot up a school

3 Likes

Well no Shit Sherlock :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Eishkom: where the jokes write themselves.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Not unless they give it a new trendy name, like “Screw-up-the-economy-with-no-power”… uhhh… “shedding”.

1 Like
1 Like