Beating Off 2.0

Turn the lights off and leave the country

2 Likes

i’ve already found a new national anthem

2 Likes

I think not everyone is in a fortunate enough position to do so, sadly. Most countries are clamping down on immigration and making it increasingly difficult, even for skilled workers, to stay there.

I’m fortunate enough to be able to move over in a heartbeat, if I wished to do so and abandon my responsibilities here, but I know many people (family) who’d give their left limbs to be able to emmigrate.

5 Likes

Sitting in the dark lalala sitting in the dark lalala @#$/^ eskom. I payed for my electricity why are you not supplying.

Funnt story: Our domestic arrived this morning just as our load shedding kicked in at 08:00. After 2 hours, she asked my mother-in-law who stays with us why the power is out for so long, as she wants to make tea. My mother-in-law explained to her about load shedding and how our power frequently goes out for 3 to 4.5 hours at a time. Our domestic was shocked to hear about it and said they’ve never experienced power cuts in Thembisa and that she now understands what they talk about when they mention “load shedding” on the radio…

5 Likes

Family of mine live in Kempton Park and they had no loadshedding at all up to now. They are on municipality power, not direct Eskom. I suspect Thembisa has the same maybe?

2 Likes

Morning everyone!

I walked into the office this morning and was greeted by a broken file server.

2 Likes

We’re not directly on “Eskom” power either, but connected via a reseller/management agent (Midstream Electrical Services). We often get more load-shed for longer periods than the rest of Centurion around us…

1 Like

I am off this morning, waiting for guys to come and fix our ceiling.

we get our power form City Power and are shed at least 8 hours a day… mostly cause no one is entirely sure on which grid/area our suburb is situated. we are currently on 3 areas (one of which belongs to eskom’s grid and the other 2 to City Power). so when ever there is load shedding for a block close to us we just get dragged in with it.

we got load shed last night at 7:15 (despite not being on any loadshed schedule) power only came on at 1. then power went of at 5:15 again and its still not back…

1 Like

Morning all. Seems like our cell towers also go off during shedding seeing that the signal drops to edge at best. It’s been tricky.

4 Likes

Hello darkness my old friend… you’ve come to fck us up again.

Morning all

5 Likes

Its aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalive!

Hai hai Murph

/have beer

2 Likes

greetings i am pissed of at the city of cape town, f@ckturds decided to have a massive roadblock when half the robots in cape town are already not working, impressive allocation of resources from the idiots, got an hour late to work

2 Likes

I wish… going generator shopping just now. If I didnt have to drive to Cape Gate I’d probably be doing that in the darkness.

1 Like

I would have met up with you if I could, I am stuck at home whilst the dudes are ripping our ceiling out :smiley:

I need to get one - got a nice shitty load shedding slot this whole weekend

1 Like

Same here luckily we have one

Yeah the 4k one that is now 11k

1 Like