Beating Off 2.0

did you guys see this:

1 Like

I think I better make myself a bite nowā€¦

YES! Saw the video this morningā€¦ Its crazy

2 Likes

Is it long weekend yet?

2 Likes

However, after eating a hot cross bun, the officerā€™s breathalyser reading is shown as 0.21mg, just below the ordinary legal limit of 0.24mg.

So if i eat the whole pack iā€™m ruined?

3 Likes

Ha, you had 10 the other day!

2 Likes

basicallyā€¦ so you would have to insist on blood test now

@czc i must have been drunk on Spice hey!

4 Likes

what this article is basically pointing out is:

1. water is good, wash your mouth out before you drive anywhere after eating spicy foods,
  2. dont chew gum to hide the fact you had a couple to drinkā€¦
1 Like

TOTALLY off topicā€¦
Anyone going to Monster Jamā€¦?

I see tickets are sold out

Nope have to miss out - you take loads of pics for us

My poor doggy is going for an MRI tomorrow morning and maybe surgery. I really hope everything will be fine. Itā€™s costing us a fortune.

We learned with this whole thing that itā€™s worthwhile getting pet medical aid.

6 Likes

Do they know what is wrong with him?

1 Like

@Solitude, what doggo do you have??
What is wrong that we needs scans?? Poor baby!!

1 Like

Itā€™s a chihuahua and he has been in pain lately due to his neck. They arenā€™t sure what it is yet but they think it may be an intervertebral disc prolapse.

NO wonder you guys struggled to get pills in him - they are always a nightmare

HOw old is he again

1 Like

Oh NO!!!
Well, I hope for a best case scenarioā€¦ I know it is not fun OR cheap when animals get sick or hurt.

Our 1 cat cost almost R5000 after an abcess burst. Please note that this happened on a SUNDAY afternoon and my husband had been in a Head on car accident the Wednesdayā€¦ THAT was a fun weekā€¦

3 Likes

He is just over 7 years old.

Its already been R5000 with the previous visits and tests. Crazy stuff. It sounds like itā€™s about R7000 or so for an MRI? Iā€™m in the wrong profession. But then Iā€™ll never be able to do what the vets do. Hats off to them.

@FunkyFaery I hope that by now both your husband and cat are alright.

3 Likes

Totally agreeā€¦ HOW the vets do this day in and day out, I could never do itā€¦ And there are still ones that do it becuase they LOVE animals, not because it is a jobā€¦
The vet that we have now is amazing! They are open on a Sunday and have given me meds for the cat without an appointment as well. NO other vet was willing to help usā€¦

I really hope your furbaby gets better soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @FunkyFaery and @Wyvern!

1 Like

@Wyvern, Dudeā€¦
I have become a PRO at getting a pill down a CATS throatā€¦
I have MASTERED the Towel Tieā€¦

1 Like