Black Friday 2019

Here we go again a ± week to go.

So are you hyped or afraid for your life if you go near a shopping mall. Wonder how long the online shops will stay online this time around.

Looking for something specific?

3 Likes

Don’t want anything this year.

Last year we dropped one of the guys off at woodmead and got caught in the Black Friday rush around the Makro area for an hour.

3 Likes

Online stuff only. Looking for a special on the Ryzen 5 3600. Maybe a nice 1080p 144Hz gaming monitor, if it’s a smoking good deal.

2 Likes

Same here for the Ryzen. Decided to wait until Black Friday before getting the components for my mini upgrade. So I’m waiting for some specials on a motherboard, Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM and a 500GB SSD.

2 Likes

I saved up eBucks since last year so I really hope the eBucks store has the same kind of specials as last year.

Then I hope I can get a UPS on special somewhere.

1 Like

Cool! We can keep a lookout for each other.

1 Like

I have a whole Google Keep list that I will search for :wink:

The main items are a GoXLR Mini and a 13" ultrabook for work.
Then I will also keep an eye out for better pedals for my sim rig, but the budget is TIGHT!

1 Like

And nothing for me, I do need ram but feck it will buy where and when I can

2 Likes

RAM prices are crazy low right now. Don’t wait too long, forecasts apparently say they will be going up again soon.

2 Likes

Yea its why it told my brother to get me prices - I got cash for my bday = ram for pc (since I lost 8gig a couple of months ago)

1 Like

Why they keep doing this?

2 Likes

Supply and demand, or some stupid excuse like that.

2 Likes

Black Friday is only useful if there’s something you’re putting off buying, waiting for a good deal to come. There’s nothing on my list (luckily my family is never big on Christmas presents and such) so I’m gonna be saving money this year.

3 Likes

I endorse this sentiment.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Oh yea we are looking for a kindle for mum, her old paperwhite is starting to give issues.

2 Likes

i just need a tv for the bedroom

im surprised black friday hasnt been deemed racist in SA yet :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I assure you, if it was White Friday then most shops would have been burned down by now.

2 Likes

If you excuse the plug, Makro’s Black Friday deals have leaked early: https://businesstech.co.za/news/business/356037/here-are-makros-black-friday-deals-for-2019/

3 Likes

Just a heads up for those who are thinking of ordering things from Makro for Black Friday, go read this thread:

For the last couple of years now I’ve avoided them like the plague. They still owe me money. I ordered a bar fridge from them on Black Friday. It took many months to finally get something delivered. And then they delivered a cheaper one too and said they will give me back the rest of the money. Which they never did.

I only got a delivery after phoning and emailing them daily for weeks on end. I couldn’t cancel my order, couldn’t get it delivered, couldn’t do anything.

There are two companies I will never ever deal with again in my life. Makro and Telkom. They can go screw themselves.

5 Likes