Black Friday 2019

A new monitor to replace my BenQ XL2730Z which failed. It failed under warranty but because Rectron is utterly useless at stocking anything with even remotely similar specs I am forced to shop elsewhere and use the credit they gave me for something else. :roll_eyes:

Which brings me to Black Friday. Up until this morning I was waiting to see if the LG 34GK950F would drop in price, but then I had second thoughts about getting a curved display. Then, as if by providence, immediately after I started having doubts I discovered the LG 27GL83A-B. It’s a 27", 1440p non-curved gaming monitor–something I have been after ever since my BenQ broke–but even better because it’s an IPS panel instead of TN. It also somehow manages to maintain a 144Hz refresh rate with low response times while also being G-Sync and FreeSync compatible! #WIN

There are a few other things I have my eye on, but right now this monitor is at the top of my list! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

The curve is nice on an ultrawide because it’s so wide.

1 Like

+1 the curve on a 34" is great.

I’m looking out for a new tv and wireless buds

1 Like

Lots of specials for Playstation…

I will be making a dent…

https://www.home.co.za/pdp/nutribullet-juice-blender-extractor-8pc-red/_/A-154001AAAM2

So this is what I got. Its not the 900W one, just the 600W but it will do me fine

The price difference between that and the 900 is just mental

2 Likes

Nice. Have one of those. They work well.

1 Like

AWesome its just for my smoothies, so if it can handle frozen fruit and veg and ice im happy

1 Like

grabbed the same one today for the parental unit, seemed a good buy, hope it s

2 Likes

Amazon’s Black Friday sale has started on .co.uk, while it seems .com is still counting down.

1 Like

i thought black friday was next week?

3 Likes

Officially it is… But why have one day of good sales when you can have a week?

2 Likes

Because its called Black FRIDAY not Black WEEK

1 Like

I know it’s not Friday, but Evetech are releasing specials at 10h00

3 Likes

10:15, and their site’s crashed… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was there at 10 on the dot and managed to look around a bit, but I did notice things getting slower as I loaded the items :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Altho evetech cant maths

3 Likes

For any of the ladies here, or men with ladies, or men (no judging), there’s a black friday sale at Maskscara nail place. Got the wife a 40% off UV LED lamp. The prices dont show the discounts but if you add them to your cart it discounts them.

1 Like

I so want to buy that screen for a sim racing rig. Ugh man. It normally costs R20 000. But yeah, can’t do it. Need more moneys.

2 Likes

Dude I work next door to one, pity I dont do nails

1 Like

Well now it’s time to start!

2 Likes