Black Friday Vumatel Deals

A number of ISP’s are offering some really good deals on their Vumatel products. A friend in the know says that Vumatel is trying to gain back some market share - I guess Openserve or LTE options have started to make a dent.

At the end of the day it’s the customers who win. There are three products being offered at discounted rates:

• 100Mbs/100Mbs Uncapped
  • 200Mbs/200Mbs Uncapped
  • 500Mbs/200Mbs Uncapped

The participating ISP’s each have their takes on the pricing but here’s Cool Ideas options for reference.

• 100Mbs/100Mbs Uncapped - R445
  • 200Mbs/200Mbs Uncapped - R509
  • 500Mbs/200Mbs Uncapped - R599

Many of the ISP’s have the conditions that it is for a new connection or reconnection (if you have moved away from Vuma, i.e. deactivated line)

BUT Cool Ideas has included migrations as well, therefore I’m going to be switching over to them for a 200Mbs package. That means I’ll be going from a 20Mbs/10Mbs (currently doubled up to 50/50Mbs) for R695 at RSAWeb to 200/200Mbs for R509. I was tempted by the 500/200Mbs but with the recent rate hike, savings are king again.

My current ISP, RSAWeb is also running the special, but, as always, as an existing client you get nada.

There are some other perks. The new Black Friday price is locked in until you cancel the product. You get the first 3 months free.

Other ISP’s that I know of running the special are Vox and C-Fibre (but don’t allow migrations for the deal). I’m sure the other usuals are too. Main thing to check for is the T’s & C’s as not all offer the migration option.

Most deals are being offered until 28 Nov so it may be worth your while to go check them out. We can all do with faster internet for a cheaper price :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be migrating from Afrihost. I’ll be upgrading to 500/200 from 200/100 and paying almost half of what I’m paying now!

2 Likes

Do you know if this is dependent on your fibre provider, for example, I’m on the Frogfoot?

1 Like

If you can switch to Vuma then yes as the deals are only for Vuma lines

1 Like

Grrrr :confounded:!

1 Like

Thank you @Darthmol! I will be going from THIS:

to THIS:

Because Afrihost is not participating in this deal at all, new or old connections, dont matter!

2 Likes

Nope

1 Like

Hot damp that’s a good special. Unfortunately I only have access to Metrofibre or Openserve so no deal for me.

1 Like

Mine is MTN and openserve so no for me too :smiley:

Weird, I applied earlier and haven’t had such feedback (yet). I’m also with Afrihost, on the exact same package. Also currently with Vuma as fibre provider. I got my successful order emails from Cool Ideas, so hoping it all pans out.

1 Like

Thanks, will try again and maybe cancel Afrihost and reapply…

1 Like

Doesn’t look like TT-connect has any deals and I’m not a fibre customer.

1 Like

I haven’t even cancelled Afrihost yet. They did ask me when the last day of my current ISP’s service is. Did you make sure to choose the “Moving from different ISP” option when applying?

1 Like

I dont get that option. Did you order from the VUMATEL website of the Cool Ideas website?

1 Like

I ordered on Cool Ideas website

1 Like

I ordered on the Cool Ideas website as well. Just did my RICA docs this morning and other details they required. Afrihost cancellation also submitted.

3 Likes

Cool ideas I will always support, please remember they don’t have after-hour support, so just log a ticket or email or tweet them, they get on it fast. But besides the DDoS attacks they survived, we have had no down time due to them, just MTN.

Ah! Found it! Man, this was way harder than I have hoped!

LOL, used my Afrihost invoice as RICA proof of residence :smiley:

2 Likes

@FarligOpptreden did you get a call from CoolIdeas to get Afrihost to release the line ASAP? Because they phoned saying that unless its released before midnight, I will miss out on the deal…

1 Like

Oh no! I haven’t heard anything like that. Better follow up with both Cool Ideas and RSAWeb

1 Like