Black Friday Vumatel Deals

Ummm, no nothing like that. I did submit my cancellation and was RICA’d successfully. That’s all I have at the moment.

1 Like

I’ve just got the line released and confirmed with Cool Ideas. Needs to be done by close of business! They really should have made that VERY clear upon sign up.

Got great service from RSAWeb though, kinda makes me regret leaving them. But the savings are needed

2 Likes

Yip, and I have been on the phone between Cool Ideas and Afrihost for the better part of an hour…

And they all use the same holding music! Drives me nuts!

2 Likes

I got through to Cool Ideas and stated this case, but the support person said because I applied within the promotional period everything is fine. Even seeing as my line still isn’t released and she can see it reflecting as so. I did cancel my Afrihost service this morning, but they require a calendar month notice apparently. I sent all the proof to Cool Ideas this morning…

1 Like

That makes more sense.

RSAWeb also said that cancellation is a calendar month but they could release my line early, which I got them to do so that it could be activated on Cool Ideas side. Now I sit with no internet hoping they get this activation done quick.

I’ll still have an invoice to pay with RSAWeb but that’s made up for with the free 3 months on the new account.

This better all be worth it…

1 Like

Well, just got off the support line from Afrihost and they explicitly say they only release the line on the cancellation date. Seeing as I have the calendar month notice, they will only release it on 1 Jan 2023. And they won’t release it any earlier…

So now I hope Cool Ideas comes to the party and actually honour the promotion I applied for (within the promotional period).

2 Likes

Well, it was explicitly stated on the promo page:

A customer’s Vumatel line must be released by their current ISP before 28th November 2022 to be eligible for this special.

I’m trying to get Afrihost to release the line now. Was on the phone with another Cool Ideas support agent and he said I have to get the line released or I don’t qualify.

1 Like

So, from my part, I had to send an email to [email protected] stating that I want the line released today. I also state in the email that I will still honour the debit order due on 1 December 2022. Yes, it is still worth it for the savings!

They then took about an hour and I just got the Vumatel reference number that the line will be released today.

I sent the reference number to Cool Ideas as requested and it is all good!

2 Likes

Pretty much the same, except a WhatsApp consultant assisted me and got the line released. Also got the confirmation number. Spoke to an agent on Cool Ideas side who said he’ll update my support ticket. So hoping for the best on my side!

2 Likes

LOL, the Whatsapp guy told me that I need to phone as Whatsapp agents cannot do what I requested. I suspect it was close to home time :wink:

2 Likes

First WhatsApp agent said no-go, but second one was helpful and enlisted her team lead’s help for the query. She came through and supplied the VC reference number confirming the line has been released.

3 Likes

Brothers! We are in this together! Hoo-ha!

2 Likes

So apparently it’s now at Vumatel to transfer the line. Contrary to what Afrihost said, I still have connectivity today. Will have to wait and see I suppose…

3 Likes

200Mbs

Up and running!

2 Likes

One more bump in the road though, I’ve got an invoice now that says I need to pay but as far as I can recall the promotion said the first 3 months were free. So I’ll have to send in a ticket about that.

1 Like

I’m still waiting on my transfer… Haven’t lost connectivity throughout the day as Afrihost mentioned. So it concerns me just a little…

1 Like

Success! I was offline from midnight until this morning. Afrihost uses DHCP to connect, CoolIdeas use PPPOE, so a quick config on my router and I was online.

2 Likes

Nice! No you can download at the things :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I managed to sort out the billing issue on my side, issued a ticket and the resolved it that day by cancelling the invoice and making sure the promotion applied correctly.

2 Likes

Still waiting for the transfer on my side. Had some internet hiccups today and a Speed Test defaulted to Cool Ideas servers a couple of times, but I’m still going through Afrihost servers.

1 Like

Show us your Steam download speed!

I’m tempted to switch to Fibre from 5G early next year, if the price it right.

1 Like