Black Friday/Week/Weekend etc. 2021

I think we’re all feeling the pinch just that bit more this year and with specials being extended over the week or even month to avoid the crazy rush there seems to be less hype about BF this year. Let’s just say a crowd of people breaking down the entrance to a store has taken on a whole new meaning in a post July Riots South Africa. And don’t get me wrong I think it’s a good thing. Rampant consumerism is a horrible disease and initiatives like “Buy Nothing Day” help raise awareness and get us to think first before following our impulses.

That said, it can still be a good time to find some deals, especially if you’ve got something on your wishlist that you’ve been waiting to be discounted. So share the love and the deals. Tell us what you got or give us a heads-up on a sweet deal.

4 Likes

Also, here’s Pay Fast’s tracker on the spending so far: BFCM | Watch Black Friday Live statistics now with PayFast!

3 Likes

I am yet to see an actual “Black Friday” worthy deal. Everything just costs the same as it would on any other special during the year

and some of it is just normal retail price disguised as a special deal (looking at you Takealot)

5 Likes

Every year I save up eBucks because the eBucks store is just amazing when it comes to Black Friday deals. This year I bought a fridge there.

Otherwise I just bought some coffee beans from https://pierrelotti.co.za/

I normally buy cheap stuff from Takealot so I couldn’t resist their Black Friday deal. I look forward to tasting it.

4 Likes

Only Vodacom and the eBucks store seem to understand what Black Friday should be like. Vodacom won this year by far.

3 Likes

Ok yeah the eBucks store usually have good deals, just wish I had eBucks to spend :cry:

3 Likes

Thanks to bitcoin farmers, a global chip shortage and the fact I only get my bonus at the end of December, the only thing I really want to get on Black Friday, I am not getting. A GPU upgrade.

The prices are insane.

3 Likes

I just bought myself two hoodies from youneek.

3 Likes

I bought fans, because fuck this heat

3 Likes

I am looking for a tablet for the kids and missus to keep them entertained. I almost got a Switch Lite but I feel the limited multiplayer is not worth it. Rather get the full one so we can share the fun.

So far, no money spent.

So far…

3 Likes

I bought an XBOX Series S for the office… One of those bundle deals with an extra controller. I’ll be setting it up at home with Game Pass and buy and erect a little Christmas tree at the office over the weekend for some yuletide cheer on Monday morning.

3 Likes

have a look at Black Friday Deals – Rugged SA

3 Likes

We are having a few minor sales In the vape shop some are mental good but it’s dead. Not a lot of people shopping

2 Likes

Sadly my expenditure doesn’t really allow me to make purchases on such large amounts, despite really wanting some of these deal. I will have to wait until bonus time to make these purchases and what will likely be normal retail price. And I refuse to buy these things on credit.

3 Likes

Landed up getting this:

https://www.wootware.co.za/sabrent-sb-rktq-1tb-rocket-q-1tb-m-2-2280-nvme-pci-e-3-0-solid-state-drive.html

Not a massive discount but not a bad price for a 1TB NVME 3.0 drive.

3 Likes

I should edit my post but to lazy
we ended up doing 1 months sales in 1 day, BUT the boss admitted we just about broke even no profit in this day for small businesses

4 Likes

We just bought a crapload of nappies using eBucks. Something like 10 boxes from the eBucks store. This is what my life has come to… instead of buying TVs, gaming consoles and nice-to-have electronics, I’m buying nappies with eBucks.

Almost bought a robot vacuum (I’ll need two for the new house), but then decided I first need to research the stuff a bit more and we’ll only be able to use it in about 7 months from now… so I passed on it for now.

5 Likes

Nice pun! Trust me, you will not regret having them at hand, for free. Those things are seriously expensive.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m SO glad we’re past that stage now. Our son started potty training quite late (around 2 years, 8 months), but once he started it was like a day and he only urinated in a toilet. Not even a training potty, a toilet. The number 2 took another 3 months, but one Sunday afternoon I convinced him to sit on his racing car potty and since then he was fully trained. He hasn’t even wet the bed once since getting off nappies.

4 Likes

That’s great. We’re getting a new au pair next week and hopefully she can assist with the potty training… however, we’ve got the new baby that has just moved to size 3 now so no nappies will go to waste :slight_smile:

3 Likes