Blizzard is now turning into a Meme

Thanks to their wonderful Diablo Immortal announcement:

The one that started it all!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sad as they are one of my favorite developers

1 Like

They’re one of everyone’s favourite developers… Hence the huge backlash on Diablo Immortal.

1 Like

I really think this guy summed up perfectly how i felt regarding the whole thing:

TL;DW
blizzcon is a US (West), pc-gamer heavy focused event. why think ppl are gonna be happy with this kind of announcement here of all places?

EDIT: Fixed! thanks czc

2 Likes

Put it on a line of its own.

Fixed! Thanks, weirdly, it WAS on its own line on my smaller edit, but wasnt like “pressed enter” new line, so I overlooked that :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t know how to get the images out of twitter so here you go.

EDIT (thanks @SIGSTART):

3 Likes

Right click :wink:

Depending on the browser you might just be able to click and drag from Twitter to the forum.

2 Likes

Oh LOL, Blizzard f*cked up!

Sorry, I normally don’t curse and I cannot say I have played more than 10 minutes of the original, but they f’ed up very VERY bad with this.

Watched the Boogieman video entirely, he makes some valid points.

1 Like
1 Like

This guy is right on the money. It was a PR mess start to finish, especially the you do all own phones backchat - that idiot needs to be locked in a room and forced to watch telly tubbies on repeat.

I’m watching and rewatching the whole Q&A to try and do a “post hot-take” article.

Everyone seems to be reporting on (and meme-ing) two clips from the “What’s Next” panel, and even from just that there’s a lot to digest here, I think.

Hopefully ya’ll think it’s interesting too and my effort is worth it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that - Im still too pissed to even attempt an article! :S

I agree that Blizzard messed up this announcement quite badly and it was definitely a huge disappointment.

That being said, I’m actually looking forward to trying out the mobile game. I still remember when Diablo 3 came out, I was one of the few people that actually didn’t hate it at launch, and any time I wasn’t able to be near my PC I wished I could play something similar on my phone. I just hope the micro transactions don’t make it impossible to play without spending money. I’ll gladly pay for a version with no micro transactions as well.

1 Like

“Do you guys not have phones?”

Such a knee-jerk reaction to real-time backlash.

Imagine Rockstar was to announce GTA 6 for iOS and Android? :rofl:

Well not the kind of phone to play games on.

I have a phone. The preorder thing on google play says its not good enough.

Guess I won’t be playing this game then

2 Likes

You can already, just get “Crusaders of Light” it’s the same game, just a different name and assets.

2 Likes

A phone at least 5 years old should be able to run games, modestly.

No thanks, that looks nothing like Diablo. More like WoW maybe.

1 Like