Borderlands 3

From all the reports I have read - only cosmetic - as usual

2 Likes

The deluxe edition contents:

What’s included:

• Base game + any pre-order bonuses
  • Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head and skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
  • Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head and skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket
  • Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket
  • Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket
  • XP and Loot Drop Boost Mods

I might be misunderstanding that. If these mods also drop in game then its fine, if not, then it is an issue methinks

1 Like

“While Borderlands 3 is not a competitive game, where boosts could lead to direct player advantages and be considered a competitive concern, we still take balance of the progression and loot systems in the game very seriously,” said a 2K spokesperson to PC Gamer. “We are still fine-tuning these systems in Borderlands 3, and the benefits the boosts in the Deluxe, Super Deluxe and Collector’s Edition will provide, but at this stage we can confirm that the Loot and XP boosts will both be level capped and tied to specific pieces of gear, similar to boosts in past Borderlands games. The intent is to give those players an initial boost, but not something that permeates the entire Borderlands 3 experience indefinitely.”

3 Likes

In the older versions I have picked up items to boost exp - its normally not a huge gain, and I honestly have no issue with someone willing to pay silly money for a 5% - 10% xp boost - if the games was a fortnite/battle royale then yes. But for a game that has a story and is fun with friends - if I level up slower than a mate - I wont cry myself to sleep.

1 Like

I will most definitely get the game when it is affordable and after all the patches and fixes are done. It means I miss out on the multiplayer but I did fine 3 years after borderlands 2 was released, I played that game SO much and all solo.

2 Likes

Gearbox seems to have a new SHiFT system in place for Borderlands 3 that it’s rolled out in the lead-up to the game. I made a separate post about it:

2 Likes

What @Wyvern said.

Also, if memory serves, you eventually have to remove your pre-order bonus mods to equip cooler stuff that you pick up as regular drops.

1 Like

I’m not even sure why a game would go on sale if it’s not even released yet.

2 Likes

Yeah this was an Epicly dumb move.

hue hue hue | HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE | image tagged in huehuehue | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

3 Likes

They’re trying to epically attract people.

2 Likes

Where my fellow Battleborn fans at?

Did you guys see in the new Moze gameplay for BL3 at one point she is fighting El Dragon Jr? Man I hope this means there will be a lot of Battleborn cameos/Easter eggs in BL3.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

So I’ve come to realise that you cannot pre-order Botderlands 3 digitally in South Africa, on any platform. Its not in Epic Store, PlayStation Store or Xbox Live Store. This really sucks.

2 Likes

I saw this as well that is just bad of them

1 Like

I remembered seeing something about this on Reddit a while back. Went hunting and found it:

The original post on that thread was from a Saffer asking the question. Personally I’d hold on a little longer - maybe the specific mention of “Turkey and South Africa” is an indication that they are considering giving us regional pricing. It’s a big “maybe” but here’s hoping.

2 Likes

Yeah I came across that discussion as well. I also sent a twitter message to 2K, Gearbox and Borderlands 3 but so far nobody has responded.

3 Likes

I am to scared to play the link - I don’t want that spoiler

2 Likes