Borderlands 3

Yeah I came across that discussion as well. I also sent a twitter message to 2K, Gearbox and Borderlands 3 but so far nobody has responded.

3 Likes

I am to scared to play the link - I donā€™t want that spoiler

2 Likes

Digital pre-orders on Epic now available. Sadly, no regional pricing benefits for us :frowning:

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/borderlands-3/home

On Xbox Store:

Nothing on PlayStation Store yet. Will add when it is.

1 Like

Nice, apparently itā€™s on the Xbox store as well but not PSN yet.

Yip, was just about to edit my postā€¦

Pity its just almost R900 for standard edition

1 Like

Thats a no go at the moment.

4 Likes

What happened to the days of $49.99 games?

2 Likes

I wish I knew, inflation?

I shall have to wait for a sale, so no preoder bonus for me.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I ever use those no no issue there for me. I mean I donā€™t even use up all my skill points until you remind me sometimes.

2 Likes

I love your noobishness :stuck_out_tongue:

I just want it! I do have 18,900 points on the bl profile

so might just use it to buy skins for bl3

1 Like

Maybe they (2K) were trying to give local retailers a break. Were pre-orders up on Takealot, Raru, BTGames, Nexushub, etc.?

Time for a comparison article, I think.

2 Likes

Yeah physical pre-orders have been available for a long time, itā€™s only digital thatā€™s not available.

I reached out to them on twitter but nobody replied.

2 Likes

Game is sorted, now I just have to make a plan for the download once itā€™s available (donā€™t have uncapped).

1 Like

I can appreciate protecting your IP and the need to copy-strike channels that break NDAs and the like, but sending ā€œinvestigatorsā€ round to a YouTubers house to ā€œcrack down on leaksā€ seems a little heavy handedā€¦

2 Likes

Download sorted as well. Gonna lend my old work colleague my Switch so he can play Bayonetta 2 and in return he is going to download the game for me.

My body is ready. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, based on the facts at hand, this is a dick move on someone who is essentially free fan or trade press for your game.

I donā€™t know if there was any legitimacy to the claim that illicit/unlawful/illegal Borderlands-related stuff was being shared on his Discord. Maybe there were folks sharing exploits and whatnot on there and Take Two / 2K used that as a (legit) excuse to have it taken down.

Maybe theyā€™re just tight with Discord and considered a ā€œtrusted partnerā€ (like the big copyright owners on YouTube), and when they lodged a complaint Discord just took it down without asking any questions.

Whatever happened, this fuels my belief that now more than ever, people with the ability to do so need to create independent places for communities to gather. Like MEW.

Re-decentralise the web, as it were.

To host something online you are always beholden to someone, of course. Your hosting company and domain registrar, for example. But at least no-one at a company like Discord or Facebook can just take down our forum.

4 Likes

All four character trailers are out now:

Iā€™m going FL4K for my first character, but Amara looks great too.

3 Likes

1 Like

So no preload. The amount of Epic hate if the servers crash on release day will beā€¦ unreal.

Iā€™ll see myself out.

3 Likes