Chooseday!

Hahaha! That is torture!

@Wyvern Sounds like you have a good system going!

1 Like

Its an OCD system I know.

Having my younger brother do dishes - means I have to redo it again

first you move into a small flat with your SO, it only has a washing up sink.

Then you wash stack and rinse after, the min we move we are getting a dishwasher seriously it would be a quality of life purchase at this point.

1 Like

For some reason I do not get the exact point of a dishwasher. All the dishes have to be reasonably clean before you can place them into the dishwasher is it not?
Maybe I am just missing something

The moment you get a dishwasher, that is the moment you start realising that you’ve lived like a caveman. After my stint in Aus living with a dishwasher I just had to get myself one.

2 Likes

Nah man. Good dishwashers clean everything.

Also the first thing the wife and I did after we moved and we had a place to put one. Its simply amazing.

apparently not https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/a33322/stop-prerinsing-dishes/

obviously within reason I assume, scrapping large chunks away

1 Like

:sob: me wants, me wants bad

Good things come to those who wait. If you believe it, it will happen etc etc

mmmmm… Something to think about I guess

Think about the time it saves. Then think about how much your time is worth.

Can’t go without it.

Unless I just hop into my Delorean

1 Like

We have a VERY old one, not worth running it with the drought - I know I use less water for dishes than the machine. Plus we just have enough of everything for 2 days

1 Like

Old ones (like really old 90s, early 2000s models) definitely used a lot more water than newer energy star models, but modern dishwashers should be issued to every Cape Town household by the municipality:

In fact, an Energy Star certified dishwasher can save almost 5,000 gallons of water per year.
That’s 19 000 litres per year saving, per household!

1 Like

yeah the reason i bought ours was because of the water. think ours uses 11l per wash. which is good enough for me for once a week

I wish! The thing that drives me insane is we have 3 2500L jojo tanks as well as 1 1000L one, they still havent been hooked up to the house - we are currently carrying out a pump and just watering the garden with it - since they are over full already from the little rain we have had.

I have a dishwasher, but when I did alterations to the house the builder built over the 110 pipe and it collapsed so it just backs up all the drains

1 Like

Chooseday 2: Your Boss is sending you, at the last minute, to the States to man/woman a exhibition stand at a boring trade expo. It’s going to be 3 long days of standing behind a desk for 12 hours rambling on about your company’s crappy products. You’re not thrilled at all about the trip, especially because you only were only told to go late yesterday because Andy, the arsehole Sales Manager, suddenly got conveniently “sick”. Because it was such a last minute thing, the only seat you can get on the plane for the 18-hour trip to Washington DC is one of two middle seats.

Do you spend the long, long flight wedged between 2 Bitcoin Bros or between 2 Flat Earth Bros?

• The Bitcoin Bros
  • The Flat Earth Bros

0 voters

2 Likes

Haha I’ll sit next to the flat earth bros. I have to see these stupid people for myself.

1 Like