Chooseday!

Yeah I’ll go flat earth bros as well. At least during the flight I can ask them to try and explain to me the curvature of the earth that we can see from outside our window. Also, as a big guy, taking the middle seat is absolutely something I will try my best and avoid. Luckily the flat earth bros should be skinny hipster assholes. leaving more room for me for the flight. The bitcoin bros I would assume would be on the heavier side.

1 Like

My company sent out an email stating due to crypto currency not being regulated we are forbidden from giving advice on it as our professional indemnity will not cover us.
Tell them this. Refuse any talk on it and see what movies the plane has.

1 Like

I’d just tell the flat earthers “Well no duh, you’re preaching to the choir” and then they wouldn’t feel the need to “share the truth”

Maybe that wouldn’t work, but hey… If not, I’d say “things like the death star are a sphere 'cuz they’re man made. That stuff doesn’t occur naturally”

2 Likes

Probably flat earthers. I assume they have nicer seats by a window to reassure themselves.

They would soon learn that they were in fact stuck with me and not the other way around.

3 Likes

Well apparently they can get quite creative explaining some stuff. So it should be amusing.

1 Like

i’ll go with the bitcoin bro’s as i cant deal with that level of stupid. besides i might actually learn something about bitcoin…

2 Likes

Im def more patient with flat earthers than bitcoin geeks

1 Like

They can also be really insulting. I had a friend who went full-on retar… I mean flat earther. He remembered I took a picture of Saturn with my 500mm lens on my DSLR, and when I first did, he was really impressed and thought it was incredibly cool. After he was brainwas… er… saw the light, he asked to see it again, and his response was “Hmm, kinda blurry”. I wanted to smack him so hard, thankfully we lived in different countries at this point.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, I also wouldn’t be able to deal with that kind of stupid and might force an emergency landing due to violence in the plane.

So I would rather sit with the bitcoin guys.

3 Likes

I worked with a flat earther, loved the theories and how they could explain every question I had with science, except why would NASA say earth is round and not flat.Whats in it for NASA?

3 Likes

Its their sole purpose to deceive the world.

Fun fact: An old neighbour of mine actually used to work for NASA.

2 Likes

The flat Earth thing would be fun for the first 3 hours and then either I would get annoyed or more likely they would, then again I could always see what other crazy shit I can get them suckered into

2 Likes

5 Likes

So, another Chooseday. This one is a little long and complicated, but it’s a doozy of a choice:

It’s the last day of the Trade Expo, and despite your misgivings, you’ve been killing it. You’ve pushed your company’s crappy products like a Boss and signed up tons of new customers for them.

Towards the end of the final day you are starting to look forward to packing up and taking the long journey back home to your wife and child. Then you get approached by a representative of the National Rifle Association. They’ve been watching you all week and are hugely impressed by your abilities to persuade people to buy your products and to make sales.

They want you to bring your powers of persuasion to the NRA’s Museum & Information Centre and work for the NRA on a one year contract. You won’t necessarily have to sell guns directly (but the Museum does have a gun shop anyway) but you will have use your talents to convince people that guns aren’t bad and that the NRA is an organization that does good work.

You’re not overly anti-gun, but, being somewhat of a pacifist, have never had the desire to own a gun yourself.

The NRA rep tells you that they will provide you with a comfortable fully furnished, serviced apartment close to the museum and will cover all of your living expenses for the year. Then, at the end of your contract year they will pay you US$2,000,000 after taxes. You will receive the money regardless of how successful you are at changing peoples minds about the NRA. All you have to do to get the two mill is stick it out for a year.

Okay, maybe there are a few other Ts & Cs and catches:

• You have to make the decision immediately. If you choose to take up the offer they’ll allow you one call - voice or video - back home to your SO to explain what’s happening. That’s the last time for a year that you will be able to hear and see them;
  • The NRA will take care of any possible issues with your present company and all the required US legal stuff - they know people :slight_smile: ;
  • You won’t be able to travel anywhere outside of the small, very conservative, very pro-Trump town that the museum is in for the entire year;
  • Your only means of communication with your wife will be via email (and text only emails, no pictures, no voice notes, no WhatsApp - they don’t want you to get homesick);
  • No access to social media or the internet in any form - they don’t want you distracted by all the anti-gun news and noise - the only news you will have access to is from Fox News;
  • You’ll work 6 full days a week, every week for the year - no leave -, and then on the seventh day…;
  • Regardless of your religious beliefs (or lack of) you will have to attend the Sunday services at the local Baptist church - miss a single service and the deals off;
  • You’re free to quit anytime but if you do before the full year is up, you get squat, nada, niks and fokol;
  • If you do take the job, you know that your wife and child will have to move in to her parents house because they won’t have your monthly salary coming in - and your in-laws already dislike you for getting their precious virginal only child pregnant before you were married. Now they’ll have a year to shit-talk you even more, and you won’t be able to do anything to defend yourself.

So that’s the choice: do you take the money and get set up for life while risking your wife divorcing you and getting full custody of your child; or do you thank the NRA politely for the offer and head back to your average middle-class world only to wonder “what if?” for the rest of your life?

• I’ll take the money please.
  • It’s family first for me.

0 voters

sounds like a good deal to me

3 Likes

if the wife wants to leave. so be it. I bet you i can kill myself with coke and hookers before the money runs out.

2 Likes

I not gonna vote on this one… hits hard on the fact I’m both broke and alone…

5 Likes

then it should be a no brainer for you.

2 Likes

You are a horrible materialistic monster if you take the money. No way in hell that I basically sign up for voluntary slavery and imprisonment just for money. No way in hell that would ever make sense to me. And I’m not even married.

4 Likes

If I was single I would jump at the money, plus I believe every man and women has the right to bear arms - but I’m not.
At the alter I promised to put my wife first.

1 Like