Cities: Skylines

Very nice! It’s amazing how much like a real city it looks. I’m sure the DLC content and mods help with the diversity of the buildings but it’s still incredible.

5 Likes

Do you still stand by your reasoning since then @DieGrootHammer or have your views changed a bit in the past year?

Seeing quite a few on sale, just hope it holds out till after payday, maybe I can get one or two.

1 Like

That list still holds up to this day. I still stand by my assessments of those. Industry and Parklife are DLC’s that I cannot play the game without and should be absolute no-brainer buys right now in the sale.

3 Likes

So do you guys play with Left Hand Traffic enabled?

1 Like

Funnily enough, it doesn’t feel right.

1 Like

I always choose left in games if its an option.

3 Likes

Yeah, same. If it’s an option I go left side traffic.

2 Likes

Hue hue hue

4 Likes
1 Like

My current city.

5 Likes

@czc that a great looking city you have there!

2 Likes

Okay so for the past 3 months I have played nothing but Cities Skylines and have been working on a modded playthrough building the new city of Brunswick. Below will be a screenshot tour of the city as I believe it is completed and I have no other things to add and build I feel in this city.

This is the whole city, encompassing from the small mining town of Delmas in the west, the city of Brunswick with the major International airport island, up to the northern fishing town of Algoa Lagoon.

This is the skyline of Brunswick at dusk with all the highrise buildings, stretching from Coller Ridge through the downtown all the way to Robbertson Peninsula.

More detail of the downtown looking to City Deep station, a place that caters to over 5000 people a week onto public transport options on trains, metros, trams, mono rails and buses.

The Mall of Brunswick is a very popular shopping point for all residents of the city

North Brunswick is a suburban paradise with great parks, sports grounds and churches catering to all needs.

The Baobab Stadium is the home of the Minor League football team and a darling of the city

Major League sports teams have world-class facilities on the tip of Robbertsons Peninsula with ample parking and entertainment options for after-game festivities

The ultra-rich of the city migrated to the fringes of the city in lavishly decorated homes with huge plots built in the heart of a protected forest park.

Northeast of downtown we find the pedestrian-centric district of Fairview, where the Marriot Hotel chain built its massive 5-star hotel, The Marriot, with all the amenities you could imagine.

Brunswick International Airport was built on a man-made island and has transported millions of people to and from the city.

5 Likes

That’s really epic Hammer. Great looking city!

2 Likes

Epic city Hammer.

I think my current PC would crash with something that big and mods. My district names don’t even show.

1 Like