Control (by Remedy Entertainment)

I’ve been wanting to get Control for ages and with the latest sale on EGS it was time to get it. I see quite a few others have bought it and will be playing it at some stage so I figured we should get an “Official Thread” going since there wasn’t one.

I’ve played about 4 hours so far and I’m really enjoying it. The story is very mysterious from the beginning and it’s cool to see how things are piecing together bit by bit. I love games that have a distinct sense of place rather than just characterless corridors stringed together, to that end The Oldest House is fantastic.

With regard to the combat, you have a nice varied assortment of weapon forms and abilities at your disposal which results in some satisfying gameplay. The game also looks good and runs great maxed out (no Ray Tracing for me since no RTX card).

5 Likes

I am loving the game at the first boss fight now and I keep dying!!! But I love the story and the fact that it scares me silly every now and then.

3 Likes

I snuck in a couple of minutes (just past the janitor at the beginning) and it really intrigues me. I love Remedy’s games, even though I never got around to finishing Quantum Break. I did finish Alan Wake and American Nightmare though…

4 Likes

I’m so happy that more people are playing this game now. I felt very alone for so long. :grin:

6 Likes

See the plan was to get it for Xmas for myself, yay for minor bonus. So yea I had to get it i just need to finish painting the house and Xmas tomorrow and I will keep going. Maybe even beat that first boss

4 Likes

Are you talking about Tommasi?

3 Likes

All it needed was to go on special :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I have been playing it for a while. Will not disclose how I got it. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yep I have been stuck there - Will try tomorrow need to rest first.

4 Likes

Try running up the stairs behind him, it’s a bit easier from there.

4 Likes

I love the look of this game, another title I hope to one day play.

3 Likes

Got this game for like $8. Will see if I can fit the game in after Witcher 3.

3 Likes

EGS I suppose? As did I… About 3 hours into the game now, on to the maintenance sector.

3 Likes

Yeah, I claimed one of their free games and then I automatically got a $10 coupon on “Check out”. So then I had this $10 coupon that I just had to spend and then I saw Control on special for like 33% off.

2 Likes

And now you have ANOTHER $10 voucher. It’s the reason I bought Control, Jedi Fallen Order and The Division 2. For every game $14.99 or more, you get a voucher that you can apply to your next purchase. So that’s what I did. I got Control for $8, Jedi Fallen Order for about the same and The Division 2 Gold Edition for $10.

3 Likes

I was considering buying Control or Jedi FA but in both cases the fact that the games have a play through time of 10-20 hours put me off. That is less than 2 weeks for a game. I will wait till they are on something like xbox pass or such. Div2 is a good buy at the current rate, there are a LOT of hours of content in it, even before you hit the grind loops. Pity I have it already.

2 Likes

With time being an issue for me these days, 10-20 hour games seem quite attractive at the moment. For $8 though, it is well worth a 10-20 hour game.

3 Likes

Same here. Our 16 month old boy is incredibly busy these days and only gets to bed around 21:00 in the evenings. So I have 1-2 hours max each evening to game. I do 30mins odd of both Control and Jedi Fallen Order in a session to progress enough with both. Then I get in bed and pick up the Switch…

2 Likes

My timing is a bit more “flexible” as I cover night shift while my wife covers day shift. So I only go to sleep at around 5am when working or 7am while on leave now.
So I do get a decent amount of gaming in if the twins work with me. This morning, they were both awake at 3am for some reason so they were chatting and sitting looking at me playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. As soon as my leave is over though, then I’m back to only playing on weekend nights.

1 Like

We could never do the shift thing, as our boy is just unmanageable alone. Most times we need 2 people to change his diapers. So my game time is relegated to when he sleeps. :smile:

1 Like