Control (by Remedy Entertainment)

Rookies :grin:
No, I suffer from insomnia so I can’t just go back to sleep. We tried it once to both get up when the girls wake up (which was every 3 hours back then) so we can finish quicker and I ended up having one hour of sleep in a longer than 48 hour period. So now we have a loud fan in the room and we close the bedroom door so whoever is sleeping, can’t hear any babies crying.
Luckily Kate has mostly been sleeping through from 6pm to about 4-5am (except these last couple of days), so it is just Melize who wakes up about 2 or 3 times during the night.
This reminds me… Time for bed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks that worked, I am now at the janitor ahti - he freaks me out!

These two also scare me

2 Likes

I’m at the point of deactivating the lockdown. Cleared the pipes and fought the big ass guy with a machine gun. The throw ability is so OP once you upgrade it enough. It one-shots most enemies and the miniboss was done in about 6 throws.

1 Like

I really need to look at builds - I just randomly select what I think is best for me :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t look up any builds. I usually seek out the highest DPS in games to make it easier for myself. So naturally I went with upgrading the throw skill. I also upgrades the service weapon and now have 2 upgrade slots in it. One has a +32% armour damage mod and the other is a +15% damage mod. So I just go all out DPS and skimp on everything else.

I’m pretty much a glass cannon at this point, but enemies can’t come close enough to do any damage, so at this point the game is a breeze. It suits me, as I’m playing the game for the story, atmosphere and exploration.

1 Like

This game is damned incredible! Its not very often that I enjoy a game as much as this one…and its got nothing to do with looking a pretty pair of legs the whole game. :heart_eyes: :grin:

I love all things paranormal (I am a BIG X-Files fan!) and a couple years ago found out about the SCP Foundation. They have a wonderful treasure trove of good stories.

This game feels like it’s based in a SCP Foundation HQ or something. I’m 15 hours in and still enjoying the gun play, the “powers” she unlocks. It doesnt get old. Every battle can be fought with different strategies.

OOH, another thing, the character design is amazing, some of the best I have ever seen and yes, the janitor is really weird, wonder if he has something to do with the end story.

The game is a great stress reliever, the detail of destruction is amazing, destroying a huge office space, shooting a long table in the middle so that collapses like it should, dismantling a door with your gun in small pieces.

This kinda makes me want to try Quantum Break.

4 Likes

Quantum Break was just as good and weird. I never finished it though, but really want to.

2 Likes

I started Control and wow it looks amazing!

Also if anyone’s using a 2080 I have some tips. I got it to run in ultrawide with everything on the highest settings, including raytracing. There’s some extra steps involved that I found on Reddit. It looks outstanding!

But alas. Won’t be able to play now since load shedding will be starting any moment now. Better switch off.

4 Likes

Good grief!

I lost all my thingies you need to afford to upgrade last night in the fight to get from the one area to the next.

The part where you are looking for Marshal - after the Ashtray maze and you cant to anything in that spot. I went thru the doors towards parapsychology, entered the parakinesiology and DIE… Nonstop!

goeie moer that is the4 area that is making me struggle!

1 Like

The game gets crazy hard. Really struggling at the moment.

1 Like

Where are you now?

I finally got past my room that was blocking me. At least slowly progressing.

1 Like

I’m there by where you talk with Marshall for the first time and they open this door for you to go prove yourself. And I was killed there. Will try again tonight.

1 Like

Jirre you are just behind me - is it the one room just after the weird trap?

Also do you have the shield and launch skills where you throw people and grenades ?

Weird trap? I was just in a room where there were this um thing that you have to trap. Then I had a big battle after that and after that you meet Marshall.

I don’t have the shield. And um I just have the normal launch. Where you do get those things?

Ok tonight when you log in - check at the fast travel, abilities - you can upgrade there.
Same for making new weapons
You also missed cleansing something that teaches you to shield - if you pick up a folder and it gives you a side mission - DO IT! 9/10 gives you new abilities.

Hmmm, I think I must do some research tonight because I’m really struggling at the moment. Thanks Wyv!

1 Like

Shout if you need a hand I can talk you thru it on discord

1 Like

If you see a glowing safe, it’s a new OoP that gives you Shield. The glowing carnival horse is Dash. I don’t use either, to be honest. I use throw a lot and upgrade it at control points. My Throw skill is already at max power and I unlocked the grenade and small enemy throw abilities as well. I upgrade my service weapon’s standard grip for more damage as well.

Make sure to spend ability points at control points and to spend resources in unlocking new forms for your service weapon. You can also accept “bounties” at control points for some nice upgrades…

3 Likes

I’ve just been upgrading my health the whole time. Will have to upgrade other stuff. I’ve got Dash but also don’t use it that much.

1 Like

I only upgrade the launch and health. The rest I get from the personal mods.

I do use the shield and dash but I just don’t upgrade them

1 Like