Coronavirus - COVID-19

Was that via Rami Ismail? I think I saw a tweet from him with that image recently.

2 Likes

It was indeed. Very interesting tweet chain that he followed it up with too:

3 Likes

Coronavirus wrap: At least 60 to 70% of South Africans will be infected - Mkhize

NO Shit Sherlock, you cant even keep the lights on continuously for a month, how the hell are u going to contain a virus

2 Likes

Capture
For once Momentum surprised me.

1 Like

Now will the other insurance companies follow suit?

2 Likes
3 Likes

If you haven’t read it yet, you should.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

4 Likes
3 Likes

Really cool article!

3 Likes

So this is a thing now. Before I could enter Spar the lady at the front insisted on spraying my hands with some sanitiser.

5 Likes

Most shops do that, and they disinfect all baskets and trollies before you can use them

4 Likes

Get your hands sprayed on the way out too.

4 Likes

and at home, whipe all the plastic/metal surfaces down before using them, from the shopping I mean

5 Likes

Not sure if this was posted already but a very interesting read about the maths behind the spread of the virus.

4 Likes

Positive news (and The absolute best approach!) from the F1 champ following the flood of rumors about him after both Sophie Trudeau and Idris Elba, who he was with a charity event before traveling to Australia, tested positive.

Meanwhile, my behind neighbours have just started up the braai and the stereo and are having a fucking party with a bunch of kids running around the garden. :man_facepalming:t2:

#socialdistancing #lockdown #staythefuckhome!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Another heavy Twitter thread. This one from a young intern doctor in KZN. She’s terrified of the coming wave.

Honestly, as cliched as it might sound, if we don’t do everything we can to #flattenthecurve right now South Africa’s health services are going to collapse and people are going to die at rate magnitudes worse than Italy.

4 Likes

Everyone keeps saying its important to wash your hands but no one ever mentions the correct way of washing them.

5 Likes

It might have been posted already, but sing your favorite song while washing your hands

Not my favorite song, but I thought it was appropriate

4 Likes

Might be good news

But don’t be too hopeful… Trump has a “good feeling”

2 Likes