Coronavirus - COVID-19

And ironically we have had one of our customers who got covid, a very mild case.
The more likely possibility is that teens may share e-cigarettes, she noted. If one teen is infected, the next who uses the device could inhale virus particles deep into their lungs. The exhaled vapor may also contain the virus, and could potentially infect people nearby.

Which is why we removed all testing devices, and had a no vaping ban in the shop incase - pity we cant go back to work - the boss might have to shut his 2 locations down

3 Likes

Level 2.

Alcohol and tobacco unbanned. Inter provincial travel allowed.

4 Likes

And you can now legally visit your family

5 Likes

Sorry, I missed the address, does this include flights?

2 Likes

Um, I’m sure flights will pick up now. The airports are open for local travel but not international.

2 Likes

@SIGSTART I feel the media is confused again. They keep saying Monday at midnight stage two kicks in but that leaves out Monday and Pres Cyril said from Monday.

3 Likes

Everyone’s confused because our infernal government keeps using “at midnight” or “midnight on” instead of specifying unambiguous dates and times.

Some of the image/poster tweets sent out by government indicated Tuesday, others even indicated Wednesday.

Last time this infuriating government used “midnight” as a start time, it meant 24h00 on that day. So “midnight on Monday” is actually 00h00 on Tuesday.

But honestly, who knows? I’m not even convinced our government knows. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Which is why our guys are taking today to prep the shops - all the modifications has been done months ago, now to restock (yes they sold under the table to survive), monday they are stock taking and deep clean again. Then Tues we are expecting chaos - the one shop is tiny just allowing 3 people in at a time, ours can take 5 at a time - its gonna be chaos.

3 Likes

That’s hilarious!

2 Likes

“Midnight” as a descriptor of time should be banned from use by everyone other than poets, authors and songwriters.

It should be either 24:00 indicating the end of the day, or 00:00 indicating the beginning of the day. (Or even better, to avoid any confusion, “Monday at 00:01” or “Monday at 23:59”).

Doubly irritating because, as @SIGSTART says, this is not the first time these same fools have caused the same national state of confusion.

6 Likes

I’d definitely have someone on the door to control access, monitor queue spacing, check masks are being worn properly and to hose everyone down with sanitizer before letting them in.

Let in a maximum of one customer per staff member at the same time so that they can be served quickly and leave just as quickly. The less time people have to touch every surface and breathe on you the better. No more than 4 customers in the shop at the same time.

2 Likes

:smiley:

How very applicable.

4 Likes

Alert Level 2 kicks in at “midnight on Monday”. This, as it turns out, is from the start of the day on Tuesday, 18 August. (But with the curfew still in place, you’ll have to wait until 4 AM before you can dash out to your local 24-hour garage shop to buy your smokes. :expressionless: )

7 Likes

Yep, and this confirmation from the President’s newsletter this morning:

Dear Fellow South African,

At midnight tonight, our country will move to alert level 2 in our response to the coronavirus pandemic. This will come as a relief to all South Africans who have had to live under stringent restrictions for the last five months.

/cc @czc

4 Likes

Do we still have to wear masks?

2 Likes

I wont lie, there was tears! The relief was immense, just for so many friends who’s shops almost shut down.
We have been sending out this:
So to address some things - we will open both our physical locations on Tuesday at 9am. There will be a max number of people allowed inside at a time. There will be an orderly queue. There will be no rewicks or handling other peoples mods. Sanitizer is a must - if we have one staff member infected, the whole shop closes for 2 weeks - we do not have enough staff to help more.

For ALL STORES, not just us:
PLEASE, GUYS, we all have limited stock, we could not get our stock during the lockdown. Take what you need, for now, stock orders have been placed we will restock as soon as we can.

We are just as excited to see all our customers as you are to see us, but please in the first few weeks, keep the chit chat to the minimum if you see there is a queue all the way to Tygervalley mall.

MAsks are still mandatory. I just wanna know what am I gonna do with all my buffs!

3 Likes

Send them my way, it’s all I wear.

2 Likes

Whats a buff?

3 Likes

So sexy time all the time with Beo only wearing a buff, and nothing else? Question is, where does the buff go?

4 Likes
1 Like