Crysis Remastered

But Can It Run Crysis?

The rumors are true. Crysis is being remastered some 13 years after the original game’s release. Back in 2007, Crysis became the visual and hardware gold standard game against which many games that followed were (and still are) measured. The fact that it also happened to be an excellent game all round was an added plus.

Crytek’s ground-breaking, critically acclaimed first person shooter is back! Crysis Remastered is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch – the game’s debut on a Nintendo platform.

There’s not a whole lot of public detail about the Remaster yet, but Crytek’s dedicated Crysis website will be where all the news and updates will appear first. Techradar is reporting though that:

Coming Summer 2020 (June-August for folks in the Southern Hemisphere). Crysis Remastered will be filled to the brim with technological advancements, with software-based ray tracing being chief among them.

https://www.crysis.com/

2 Likes

Well, apparently the Switch can run Crysis!

1 Like

it should be able to, theyre most likely porting the whole game over to the current hunt showdown iteration of cryengine (like they did porting the original game to cryengine 3 to get it to run on the 360 and ps3) which is optimised for parallel multicore processing unlike the original cryengine 2 that barely recognised dual cores cause it was made to also run on p4’s back then

1 Like

Took me a while to find it, but here you go. Teased last year in a tech video:

1 Like

First real trailer of what is being remastered in the new Crysis. Looking good must say.

2 Likes

Damn, that looks nice. I’ll actually play through the game again, so much nostalgia. I’m trying to think back to 2007-08 and what card I was running at the time, must have been a 8800GTX
I hope they actually have a “But can it run Crysis” graphics setting preset

I never played it but now I am curious

1 Like

It does!

Today's post is dedicated to our PC community!

We want to show you, for the very first time, an in-game screenshot using the new "Can it Run Crysis?" Graphic mode, which is designed to demand every last bit of your hardware with unlimited settings - exclusively on PC! pic.twitter.com/kVHEf63oWe

— Crysis (@Crysis) September 6, 2020
3 Likes

It actually looks pretty smooth on the Switch at 720p 30fps…

And at R488, it seems very decently priced for Switch too…

Curiously, the Nintendo Store page is still the only one that’s actually got a priced listed at the moment. “Curiously” because the game is supposed to release tomorrow for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation… I know they stopped pre-orders on the other stores when they delayed the PC, XB, and PS launch back in June/July, but you would have thought that they would have reenabled them by now.

Epic Games Store:

Xbox Store:

PlayStation Store:

Pricing was said to be at $30 across the board, which matches the Switch price - so expect to pay R480-R500 on the other consoles too, depending on the exchange rate. Waiting to see if there’ll be any regional pricing applied on the Epic Store.

I’m really not impressed with this. It came as a surprise and snuck uo on me, but I guess I’m just worn out by all the Crysis talk over the years and how it’s always been used a base or point of reference.

#OverIt

1 Like
2 Likes

Available now on EGS for just $13 (~R210) so definitely regionally priced for SA.

Still shows as “currently not available” on MS Xbox Store, and still can’t find a PlayStation Store listing yet.

3 Likes

I liked Crysis back in the day but don’t think I’ll play it again.

3 Likes

So should I wait for it to come to gamepass before playing since I pay for that instead of on epic?

I just feel like I missed out by never playing this so I wanna but not for a huge price tag

2 Likes

I thought I was the only one… Everyone kept harping on about how great it was, but I never played it. I think it was part of my gaming dark ages around my university studies. I only casually rejoined gaming when I grabbed an XBOX 360 just before I got married (2007) and only got back into PC gaming (which I grew up on) around 2013.

2 Likes

ive got the crysis (cryengine 3) Demaster on the ps3 and all i can say is crysis 2 and 3 are much better games, hell crysis warhead is a better game

3 Likes

Exactly. It ws during my time in the UK, and at that point we were in WoW land. So I missed out completely, but now I am trying to figure out if it will come out on gamepass for pc as well as epic otherwise I will grab it on epic cos $13 is cheap enough

2 Likes

Not sure it will ever come to XGP, or when, but you will easily survive not playing it right now. Besides, as others have suggested, it’s not the best of the Crysis games story wise.

Wait until the end of year Epic Sale when it’ll be under $10 maybe. Or even hold on a while to see if they remaster any of the other games and release them as a franchise set ala Mafia.

3 Likes

@GregRedd is a wise person.

3 Likes

Console sales pages are live now.

• R509 on Xbox
  • R475 on PlayStation

(Have updated the OP with the PS Store link)

2 Likes