Dark Souls Trilogy

Awesome. Want to start a new character as I’ve gone about as far as I’m willing to with my current build.

From what I gather, Hollow Knight is more geared towards the metroidvania crowd and isn’t really a souls-like game. I’m mad about metroidvanias, with recent favourites being Ori and Dust, so that’s why I’m super amped for Hollow Knight.

It is but the boss fights are also painful just like Dark Souls, so a bit of both worlds in my opinion

…and guess what’s this month’s early unlock on Humble Monthly!!!111!!!

shout if you need a sunbro. i’m busy with ariandel DLC but i’ve completed up to the dancer on the main storyline, but ALWAYS happy to co-op, even if its not just bosses, but running around killing stuff

After Pontiff Sylyvahn is quite the PvP invasion trap, so you might wanna get through that un embered before, i dont think my pvp skills are that great :smiley:

Cool thanks. I’m playing it on PC. I actually killed Pontiff on the first go, remembered him being much harder the first time I played the game. However, those fucking lightning dog/lizard things wrecked me (the ones at the bottom of the very long ladder down).

And yes, I was embered and promptly got invaded by one guy, and then by a second guy. So I was fighting 2 guys at the same time, not even sure how 2 invasions at once is possible. I managed to kill one but the other guy got me.

I did manage to kill the lightning doggos in the end and played a bit further killing the silver knights with their dragon bows. So next up is New Londo I think?

edit: oh sheet. I just realised this is the ED thread :smiley:
I’ll move these to the DS3 thread (if there is one).

Sweet. I’ve done all the bosses solo so far, because I did some of them co-op when I first played the game. My ultimate goal is going to be to try and beat Nameless King on my own. Fuck that guy.

I never was able to kill him when I “demo’d” the game, so yea I’ll be wanting to try him now that I’m a little more seasoned.

Got to the Dragonslayer Armour last night. Keep not seeing the fireballs on the 2nd phase :frowning:

What SL are you guys on at the moment? PC guys I mean.

Need a sunbro for my ng+2 guy for Aldrich.

LOL!

I’m like level 78 or so, so not even close to you.

Lovely. My other character is only like 20 or something. And I too scared the DS steam forum guys are going to laugh at a level 225 dude struggling with Alrdrich - even though he’s a well known dickhead.

I was thinking of rolling another character outside my normal/comfort zone, like a Sorcerer for instance.

On the NG+2 front though, I’m still far away from you so unfortunately won’t be of any help. I actually think the next boss I have to face is Aldrich, which if I remember correctly is the guy who shoots the arrows from the air which is unblockable and fucks you up.

Indeed. Arrow hell and a beam attack that basically one shots you.
Without a doubt my least favorite boss of the game.

Well I stopped just in front of his fog gate last night, so I’ll see how he goes this time around. I managed to kill Pontiff on my first go where I struggled on my previous(first) playthrough.

I’m also there. And have been for about a month. Think it’s become a mental block.

I think i’m almost SL 100, but still first playthrough and just made dragonslayor armour my b!tch. i THINK if you set a passworded summon then any SL can join. so if you just need a distraction (which helps alot vs bosses) then i’m happy to try help

1 Like

If you are looking to play with a friend, please use a password: this will remove the limits to multiplayer and scale the strong party down to the lower one. - Wiki

The lowest sl I can summon from the game directly is 193. So @Mottamort if you join me I would assume aldrich will be set to your SL - which I think is DS equivalent of cheating :stuck_out_tongue:

No it apparently works quite well, in that it scales…so its sort of makes us both “equal” but it by no means nerfs the boss or anything.
Thats my understanding of it, sort of how it works in ESO and how the level scaling there works so a lvl 5 and a lvl 50 can hit the same thing and do “roughly” the same damage and take the same % damage.

When you use password matching to summon/invade somebody, tier restrictions are not enforced. However the higher leveled player will be scaled down to the lower leveled player’s strength.

Oh I see. I’ve never used the password feature before so don’t know exactly how it works. Worth a try I rate.

well add Mottamort on steam and chuck an invite if you wanna game. i’m not pushy and you gotta message first :smiley: