Dark Souls Trilogy

Very early. I got to Firelink and died so many times to the skeletons in the graveyard. So then I decided to have a look at a guide, which was probably a mistake.
So the guide suggested to go down from firelink to the dragon, so you can get the nice sword early on. I did that and then I was just like, where the fuck do I go, so many directions! And I just stopped.

I suppose the guide also told you going to skeletons first is a very kak idea. Because let’s face it we all did that we all got slaughtered.

I can’t remember what else the guide suggested. You’d think I’d try another direction once I died too many times at the skellies, but no. Stupidity prevailed.

I managed to run through them and grab what I recall was a sweet item and then bailed back to the bonfire. Only after getting flailed in the area with the ghosts (can’t remember its name now), did I realize up the stairs past the fire throwing undead was the ‘easiest’ way

Think the sweet item was a Halberd or something?
The area with the ghosts was New Londo.

It was the Zweihander - which despite the risk, I never ever used.

Also, to hell with New Londo.

Ah. I imbued it with Holy I believe, which I used in the Catacombs to prevent the guys from resurrecting.

New Londo wasn’t that bad for me. I hated Sen’s Fortress much more, and the Painted World with all it’s fucking poison/toxin sucked hard as well.

New Londo (for me) was worse with those wall hacking assholes. I had virtually no problems with Sen’s Fortress (aside from that one part when I attacked Siegward and completely assed up my game)

*Hollow :wink:

It’s still one of my most wished-for games on Steam. I’m anxiously awaiting its release on PS4, as I think it would be great playing it on my big TV stretched out on the couch.

So there was a deal on Dark Souls 3 DE on PC for R363. I caved and bought it. Busy downloading it, so if you want we can jam some co-op sometime.

1 Like

I got both Hollow Knight and Salt & Sanctuary, and didn’t play either of them very far. I did like Salt & Sanctuary more though, from what I played of both games.

Awesome. Want to start a new character as I’ve gone about as far as I’m willing to with my current build.

From what I gather, Hollow Knight is more geared towards the metroidvania crowd and isn’t really a souls-like game. I’m mad about metroidvanias, with recent favourites being Ori and Dust, so that’s why I’m super amped for Hollow Knight.

It is but the boss fights are also painful just like Dark Souls, so a bit of both worlds in my opinion

…and guess what’s this month’s early unlock on Humble Monthly!!!111!!!

shout if you need a sunbro. i’m busy with ariandel DLC but i’ve completed up to the dancer on the main storyline, but ALWAYS happy to co-op, even if its not just bosses, but running around killing stuff

After Pontiff Sylyvahn is quite the PvP invasion trap, so you might wanna get through that un embered before, i dont think my pvp skills are that great :smiley:

Cool thanks. I’m playing it on PC. I actually killed Pontiff on the first go, remembered him being much harder the first time I played the game. However, those fucking lightning dog/lizard things wrecked me (the ones at the bottom of the very long ladder down).

And yes, I was embered and promptly got invaded by one guy, and then by a second guy. So I was fighting 2 guys at the same time, not even sure how 2 invasions at once is possible. I managed to kill one but the other guy got me.

I did manage to kill the lightning doggos in the end and played a bit further killing the silver knights with their dragon bows. So next up is New Londo I think?

edit: oh sheet. I just realised this is the ED thread :smiley:
I’ll move these to the DS3 thread (if there is one).

Sweet. I’ve done all the bosses solo so far, because I did some of them co-op when I first played the game. My ultimate goal is going to be to try and beat Nameless King on my own. Fuck that guy.

I never was able to kill him when I “demo’d” the game, so yea I’ll be wanting to try him now that I’m a little more seasoned.

Got to the Dragonslayer Armour last night. Keep not seeing the fireballs on the 2nd phase :frowning:

What SL are you guys on at the moment? PC guys I mean.

Need a sunbro for my ng+2 guy for Aldrich.