Diablo IV — By Three They Come

I hope this is good. Looks promising.

8 Likes

Just wanted to post it, but got stuck watching the videos first. It looks… dark. Really dark.

2 Likes

Scraped this off the website, thought it looked cool.

2 Likes

Damn can’t wait

2 Likes

Definitely going to get this :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

The stuff they showed now in the panel look really cool. It sounds like the game might still be a very long way from being finished though.

2 Likes

so, same as D3 then XD

3 Likes

Love DIII, so looking forward to this!

1 Like

Isnt it for devices only?

2 Likes

Looking good, I am ready… in 2023

2 Likes

Yeah. PC, Switch, Xbox 1 and PS4 devices.

3 Likes

I must say i am rather excited.
I dont expect it soon though as I’m still waiting for immortals to be released.
I mean ‘we all have phones, right?’

I know D3 took some heat, but I loved it.

I’m hoping for a decent Diablo storyline, focus on character building and larger chests for us armour collectors (hoarders)

Ahhh ok, so for PC too, lovely!

Actually the first Diablo I’m looking forward to! Reason being, I never could get into the first 2, I’m more of a D&D type fan. But, I got the 3rd one from that site that sold keys on the old MyG forums for a good price…and man did it hit me! Though, that was after the store thing as patched out, but before the expansion.
I think I played the game through 3 times. One of a few games that I lost track of time.

2 Likes

The Diablo IV: Unveiled video is now available to watch for non-virtual ticket holders.

1 Like

There have been a lot of updates since Blizzcon last year, and I thought it would be good to bring this topic up-to-date.

Firstly, leaving an article here that I forgot to cross-post:

Here’s the basic info about the talent tree and the design goals behind Diablo IV’s loot system:

Following fan feedback/backlash during and after Blizzon, lead systems designer David Kim published a series of blog posts about itemization, being able to fully customise your skillbar (i.e. elective mode), ancient items, endgame progression, sources of power, and keyed dungeons vs. rifts:

A few weeks later, David Kim posted a detailed update about some of the design decisions they are grappling with around itemisation.

This includes increasing the amount of affixes in the game and adding the concepts of angelic power, demonic power, and ancestral power to enable certain affixes. Blizzard has also decided to completely remove ancient legendary items from the game and add a consumable item to add legendary affixes to any non-legendary item.

A quarterly update published in February went into some detail regarding several UI changes that Blizzard made based on feedback from Blizzcon, couch co-op, and the design behind the Cannibal Tribes monster family.

3 Likes

You know what, I completely forgot that Diablo IV is even in development. I guess I’ll join in on the hype just before its launch.

3 Likes

You are not the only one, Im weirdly not hyped at all for this, I will grab it when it goes on sale - I wont pay full price

1 Like

I am in the opposite camp. This will be DAY ONE for me. Absolutely loved the shite out of Diablo 3, played it on every platform it was released on.

2 Likes

I’ll wait for reviews. Blizzard’s not who they used to be.

I love the look of the game but I’ve learned some lessons.

3 Likes