Diablo IV — By Three They Come

Exactly this - D3 was good and fun, but by season 2 I was bored.
I am not getting my hopes up for any dungeon crawler anymore

2 Likes

I only joined in on D3 around season 8… I binged the game for just over a year until I was burnt out and moved on to Destiny 2 after that. I think the last season I played was 12? I enjoyed my time with the game immensely though, but I haven’t been able to drag myself back to it since. I’ve been tempted to buy it on Switch to reignite the passion while lazing around in bed or on the couch. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Diablo III is my second most played game of all time. Diablo II is my most played. But man, Activision Blizzard… I don’t trust them at all.

Back in the day it would have been a day one buy for me. But I expect a catch this time around.

2 Likes

After all the crap that went down on D3 release, servers, auction house etc etc. I will only consider playing after at least a month. I will be playing it mostly solo so being behind season curve does not bother me at all.

2 Likes

What follows is pure speculation on my part, a harsh opinion, and frankly it doesn’t matter whether you agree or not:

After the merger of Activision and Blizzard, and the subsequent mass exodus of Blizzard stallwart staff, that’s worked on our beloved arguably gaming landscape changing franchises like Diablo and Starcraft, and then taking into account the state of the piss pot that is the money printing machine of the last few Call of Duty games, with it’s would you like to buy points to skip kak system, I expect them to fuck the game up fully, with superfluous money grubbing trash features, that give me seizures from notifications. As much as I play D3 from time to time, it’s an abomination, born out of greed (auction house), and should be used as an example of how fucked up a game can get, when you try to fix broken game design, with code, and bolting on extra nonsense, in an attempt to cover up your cock up.

4 Likes

So… Season 21 you say?

3 Likes

Nothing new for barb for season 21, Brumelda does not approve

4 Likes

Even on day one?

2 Likes

I actually only dabbled with the PC version for a short while. Spent the bulk of my time on the X360, PS3, PS4 and XBONE

1 Like

I actually loved D3 from day one, but I think it’s mostly because I didn’t give a crap about anything besides the game play and the story. In fact I had already played through the beta level several times by that point so I had some idea of what to expect. The only thing I hated was Error 37.

1 Like

Reminded me of this

3 Likes

I finished all the season 20 stuff was quite fun playing d3 again. I played the WD and Barb, Im on a wizard now just before it ends on Sunday.

I am going to play on season 21 I am thinking of playing the Necro and the DH so that will be fun. Who else is going to play season 21?

2 Likes

Recommendation popped in my YouTube feed today of someone who published a play-through of the Diablo IV Blizzcon demo without any commentary.

The Barbarian gameplay capture is a bit off, but the ones for the Sorceress and Druid is solid — available in 2160p60.

Reading through the comments I was somewhat surprised with the criticism being levied at the demo. People are saying that it looks like a reskinned / prettier Diablo III? That’s a bizarre critique from people who clearly haven’t played much Diablo III.

But that got me wondering what’s got people all riled… Is it the fact that there is a 6-slot skill system (left mouse, right mouse, then 1–4)? That monsters still drop health globes? That there are no mana potions? Are people upset about the fact that Blizzard wants to get rid of inventory Tetris?

While I completely allow that the skill and talent systems look pretty basic, this is also a very early build of the game so I don’t think that’s a valid reason.

Does anyone know what the beef is this time? Or is it just that there is a vocal bunch who just actually want a Diablo II remaster?

Barbarian

Sorceress

Druid

2 Likes

It’s the internet. People complain about everything. :grinning:

3 Likes

This game is a like a strip club - I know it’s probably not worth it but I still want in.

3 Likes

And for that reason I will probably get the Collectors Edition again. I like my strippers to have all the bells and whistles.

(waiting for the Quoted out of context post :grin:)

4 Likes

/notes DarkStars weird stripper and whistle fetish

4 Likes

You planning for secret santa already?

3 Likes

I have files on everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The Diablo IV quarterly update is out.

Some mentions of the talent tree rework, talk of the special mechanics for each class with a focus on plans for the Sorceress’ Enchantment system, and discussion of the balance between itemisation and class attributes for customisation and power.

On a related note, what the hell happened to the no-commentary play-throughs of the Blizzcon demo on YouTube that I posted in July?

You see, this is why South Africans hoard data! I swear I’m just going to build my own data centre at home and mirror every scrap of data that I feel might be important to me in future.

Bloody Big Brother pulling a Ministry of Truth on me!

2 Likes