Diablo IV — By Three They Come

Even on day one?

2 Likes

I actually only dabbled with the PC version for a short while. Spent the bulk of my time on the X360, PS3, PS4 and XBONE

1 Like

I actually loved D3 from day one, but I think it’s mostly because I didn’t give a crap about anything besides the game play and the story. In fact I had already played through the beta level several times by that point so I had some idea of what to expect. The only thing I hated was Error 37.

1 Like

Reminded me of this

3 Likes

I finished all the season 20 stuff was quite fun playing d3 again. I played the WD and Barb, Im on a wizard now just before it ends on Sunday.

I am going to play on season 21 I am thinking of playing the Necro and the DH so that will be fun. Who else is going to play season 21?

2 Likes

Recommendation popped in my YouTube feed today of someone who published a play-through of the Diablo IV Blizzcon demo without any commentary.

The Barbarian gameplay capture is a bit off, but the ones for the Sorceress and Druid is solid — available in 2160p60.

Reading through the comments I was somewhat surprised with the criticism being levied at the demo. People are saying that it looks like a reskinned / prettier Diablo III? That’s a bizarre critique from people who clearly haven’t played much Diablo III.

But that got me wondering what’s got people all riled… Is it the fact that there is a 6-slot skill system (left mouse, right mouse, then 1–4)? That monsters still drop health globes? That there are no mana potions? Are people upset about the fact that Blizzard wants to get rid of inventory Tetris?

While I completely allow that the skill and talent systems look pretty basic, this is also a very early build of the game so I don’t think that’s a valid reason.

Does anyone know what the beef is this time? Or is it just that there is a vocal bunch who just actually want a Diablo II remaster?

Barbarian

Sorceress

Druid

2 Likes

It’s the internet. People complain about everything. :grinning:

3 Likes

This game is a like a strip club - I know it’s probably not worth it but I still want in.

3 Likes

And for that reason I will probably get the Collectors Edition again. I like my strippers to have all the bells and whistles.

(waiting for the Quoted out of context post :grin:)

4 Likes

/notes DarkStars weird stripper and whistle fetish

4 Likes

You planning for secret santa already?

3 Likes

I have files on everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The Diablo IV quarterly update is out.

Some mentions of the talent tree rework, talk of the special mechanics for each class with a focus on plans for the Sorceress’ Enchantment system, and discussion of the balance between itemisation and class attributes for customisation and power.

On a related note, what the hell happened to the no-commentary play-throughs of the Blizzcon demo on YouTube that I posted in July?

You see, this is why South Africans hoard data! I swear I’m just going to build my own data centre at home and mirror every scrap of data that I feel might be important to me in future.

Bloody Big Brother pulling a Ministry of Truth on me!

2 Likes

Update: It looks like the YouTuber in question may have pulled them down to reupload them with a watermark. Or this guy (crazygamer) managed to rip and reupload them. Who knows.

Update 2: Almost certainly a rip :frowning:. The original Sorceress and Druid playthrough was uploaded at 2160p60 and this is in 1080p30 :sob:

3 Likes

Also

7 Likes

hell yes diablo 2, all we hope for now is that all they change are he graphics and they don’t go screwing around with anything else with the game.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I would have considered buying this game but it’s just so stupid expensive. At this point I’ll rather hope and wait until it appears on Game Pass or something.

3 Likes