Diablo IV — By Three They Come

So… Season 4 starts in less than 2 hours. Last ditch effort. I’m trialing the game pass version one more month, if this season is good I’ll buy on the next steam sale maybe. Season 3 was decent but I see why people got annoyed.

More about… (for those that’s been away for a while)

1 Like

Fairly excited for it, especially since necromancer pets finally got some attention. Always been an avid pet user in games.

I wanted to play Necro coz I never played Necro in any game believe it or not. But kinda don’t want to coz everyone will be playing it coz it’s the strongest build apparently haha. So maybe I’ll go rogue, and if I have the game still next month maybe I’ll go Necro as a second option if I don’t drain myself.

1 Like

This may be the reason I have been looking for getting back into the game.

1 Like

Soooooo many QoL stuff. My word.

2 Likes

I always start a necro every season, with pets and then respec to another build later because pets cannot stand up to end game.

This time I am hoping to keep going with it, like I wanted to since season 1 :wink:

2 Likes

The level of power with the minion necro after this update is crazy. I did the LVL50 capstone at 36 and the LVL70 Capstone at 55 with everything including the bosses just dying on sight.

The Season activities is meh but the other reworked stuff is making it fun again.

1 Like

Absolutely agree.

Awesome, downloaded it again and tryna decide what class to roll.

1 Like

Ya, same. Did the Lvl 50 capstone at 37 with my Barb. So far it’s been the most fun I’ve had, since season 2.

1 Like

ok guess I’ll try capstone as well, currently level 43 with my Rogue.
Also, the Boss in helltide is such a vibe ahaha. there is always a group of players infinitely spawning the boss :rofl: just a leveling up and cinder spree(also the occasional death if you’re not careful)

1 Like

The necro is now in the same space in this season as the Barbarian and Sorcerer was in the previous seasons: ultimate boss killer. My necro is completely sub optimal and level 70 and the big bosses Varshaan/Lightning boy (forgot his name) and Zir disintegrate in 5 seconds, even though I am 10 levels below them, solo. All I do is press 2 buttons, the pet horde does the rest.

Doesn’t that detract from the joy or fun of the game?

Yes and no. Yes, in that it is hard to find a challenge and a reason to be challenged but… also no, it is a power fantasy after all. There is joy in the occasional “muahahahaha” as you mow down the frightening hordes of hell and obliterate the big ugly bully that used to squish your character in the past.

The truly funny thing is that these bosses are supposed to drop unique items that would elevate your character further but… in this case, the new looting/loot improvement crafting system actually makes those unique items obsolete.

1 Like

I am doing a seasonal character this time around, not sure what the differences are or what to expect.

I dunno, there’s still place to find your perfect roll. Even though aspects now get automatically added and upgraded to your codex when you dismantle, you still need to find a perfect specced piece of equipment and then apply your chosen aspect to it.

Season 5 sounding pretty great