Diablo IV — By Three They Come

I’m Myrdlok#2317 if anyone wants to add me on Battle.net

Tried out the Druid and Necro and about to try the Rogue as well. So far I like the Druid the most but we’ll see how the Rogue treats me

3 Likes

I was in 15 minutes after the servers start so I was lucky.

Love the game! Will definitely buy it but will keep hoping there’s some remote chance of it landing on Game Pass.

Unfortunately going out for the day so will only play again this evening. Then a long wait for the actual game release.

3 Likes

my battle.net id SirDieALot#2375 played the druid till level 11 not bad

2 Likes

So, which comes first: the Diablo IV release or the Microsoft/Activision Blizzard acquisition? It will get to Game Pass eventually I assume?

1 Like

I think D4 willll release first, my feeling is that the deal will still take a good few months to conclude, and perhaps a little more before to start seeing the additions to Game Pass library, and probably in a staggered approach too.

2 Likes

So all of you, what do you think of Diablo IV?

I enjoyed my time with it tremendously. I played a squishy melee rogue and stayed away from internet builds. Just trying my own thing. And man, elites were fine but I struggled with bosses. When I reached level 25 things got easier once you get access to the occultist. It changes the game a lot.

Personally I like the challenges and events and even though I’m not a multiplayer guy, I enjoyed fighting along people. I’m perfectly happy with this being a multiplayer game.

Is it worth the price? That I don’t know yet. I mean Last Epoch is R300 or something and I wonder if I should not just maybe buy that. But it’s Diablo and I know it will keep me busy for months. So chances are good that I’ll buy it.

7 Likes

I enjoyed it a lot as well. I’ve played a barbarian, a rogue and a little bit of sorcerer. I think if I consider all the hours I’ve spent in Diablo 3 and then use a Rands per hour thing, I might be able to justify the price, since I imagine I should get at least as many hours in this game. At least I have another 2 months to save for it anyway.

7 Likes

Also loved It. Started a melee rogue which was a bit squishy but powerful and lots of fun. Then tried a summon necro which was super powerful.

Queues were an issue on Friday with 160+ minutes wait time, but I think blizzard was also deliberately stress testing the queues. Saturday and Sunday was 5 minutes queues at most.

Then, D4 does not like being installed on a slow mechanical drives. Every time I teleport to the main town I would disconnect because it takes too long to load. When I played on Xbox it was fine for the most part with just a little rubberbanding when entering a new area sometimes.

Will also need to start saving for that price tag.

7 Likes

I only recently started playing Diablo 3 but have already racked up many hours. I am loving the way Diablo 4 looks and feels, and plays quite differently. I started out as a Rogue and got her to around level 7 and then rolled a Barbarian (which is my main in D3) and he plays pretty differently, despite going for the same kind of gameplay and build.

Overall, I enjoyed my little time with it. Though I can’t hold constant queueing, disconnects and rubberbanding against the game, I hope that experience doesn’t carry over too much into the main game and release. It will likely be always online which sucks, but it is what it is.

I am liking the newer open-world design and how they deliver storytelling through means of exploration and through the world. I didn’t get to fight any bosses, to my knowledge, or many world events but I want to save that experience for the main game.

All-in-all, I think I will be getting it on release. I never played enough to make me feel fomo or anything now that the beta is over and like I say, i am still playing D3 to tie me over to release (I just started adventure mode).

7 Likes

The beta convinced me to buy. D3 was a big disappointment to me until Loot 2.0 came out, by which time I didn’t care anymore. I only reinstalled about 2 or 3 years ago to find that I enjoyed the current incarnation.

D4 feels like the later version of D3, in a very, very good way. I like the direction they’re going with for skills, the sprinkle of MMO-ness is just enough to remind me of other players in the world, but not so in my face that I feel I need to join randoms, and the loot in the beta is already better that D3’s auction house era loot, so I’m confident that D4 will keep us entertained for many, many hours. Probably a day one purchase for me, if its not on Game Pass by then already.

5 Likes

I will save my comments for my article :stuck_out_tongue:
But basically all the things you guys enjoy is the reason I wont buy it day one.

But I am not hating the game, its just not worth a R1000 for me.

I will wait for a sale or gamepass if that happens. I shall steal your comments tho for the article :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I dont think i will play till the full release is out

I had a taste of the game but i want to play the full story mode

4 Likes

Right so I made it to lvl 25 with a druid, unfortunately I feel like I chose the wrong style of play, I went for a melee werewolf build, but unfortunately the item drops were not in my favor, my dmg was horrible the entire game, and I died so many times, at least until I was able to get a legendary weapon that increased my companions by +1, then I actually enjoyed it a bit.

I am not the biggest fan with the whole MMO thing, the amount of lag that happens when entering or exiting a town is insane, which I believe would be most likely because it has to load other players the whole time, and its trying to load players who have the same state of the world that I am in, I personally want a mode where I can play alone without any randoms around, even if it disables the world enemies I would be fine with that, I want to take in the world on my own time, as I especially disliked it when another player was on the same side quest as I was started a boss battle, but because I was not there when he started, I missed out on most of the fight and possible dialog.

I love the world this time, its grim, its dark, its gory, it feels more like diablo, if you look back to diablo 3 now, it would just look like some cartoon. I am very interested to see where the story goes, I liked the throwback to Diablo 2, and seeing one of the diablo 3 npc’s already, it especially makes me exited to see what transpired between D3 and D4.

Since there are no longer any “ACTS” like we know them, I think the mounts are going to be very important, unfortunately I did not get access to them, you had to do a quest, but I don’t know if it is even available in beta. I like the potion system now, like a semi-hybrid between D2 and D3. With how poor my item drops was, I would like to have the blacksmith back with the ability to create items, just so I can stay on par with my level, that said, I do like the upgrade system the blacksmith has now, its a bit min/max-e but that seems to be what the game is going for this time, as the same can be said about the skills, all my skill upgrades that had any sort of damage, only increased the damage with each level in them by about 1 or 2

In the end, I won’t ever buy this game for full price, I will wait for bug fixes and a cheaper price or gamepass(even though blizzard has stated they don’t have plans to release it on game pass any time soon).

4 Likes

NSMMO, not so massively multiplayer online, game.

3 Likes

Nice write up TT. @Wyvern - co-author credit and you have most of your article right here!

Is that still applicable if the Microsoft/Xbox sale goes through? It’s been almost 15 months since the public announcement, and presumably there was a fair bit of work done before that. How much longer can it be before the deal is finalised one way or another?

3 Likes

Ultimately Big Daddy will have the last say once they sign the dotted line… Cannot imagine them keeping it off Gamepass.

3 Likes

You cannot pet the dog? I am out!

3 Likes

I see they’ve added a bit, at the end of the article, saying you can…

2 Likes

For me, even though I did not play the betas, I will be playing D4. I spent so much of my life in D3, had some of the best times with my friends, looking forward to recreating that feeling.

3 Likes

That is what I thought as well! I will do it this evening when I get home.

1 Like