Diablo IV — By Three They Come

Which of you play to endgame, and look at the leveling process, as just a step, to get to that endgame limit and pushing how far you can get to?

On the flip side, which of you don’t bother about the endgame, and just do the story, and essentially stop once you hit max level, and that’s it?

I always found betas to be useless for endgame, and diablo as a series, has become this thing where endgame is where the majority masses spend their time, and indeed the dev’s focus there too, over the course of the game’s lifetime. You level to max level from maybe 2 hours if you know what you’re doing, to maybe 20 hours if you’re completely green. But you have how many hours in the game? What’s that? 600 hours :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Very fair point. I approached the beta looking for red flag that will throw off the endgame for me, like Loot 1.0 did for D3. The loot seemed to be leveled up a little in the beta, so that you’d get more interesting items at lvl 25-ish already, and the variety and synergies allayed my fears for now. From this I’m reasonably optimistic about the endgame, and lets face it, building a long term end game experience is blizzard’s forte.

3 Likes

How do I check?

The game I spent the most hours with ever is Diablo II and second Diablo III. Hopefully Diablo IV will overtake them. :slight_smile:

I’m currently playing Path of Exile and it feels low budget compared to D4 but it’s fun.

2 Likes

I saw it confirmed that drop rates were tuned up for the beta.
Heard rumors it was tuned up by 4 times, can’t confirm.

https://twitter.com/RodFergusson/status/1638911812577169409

3 Likes

I used to check the hours on the website, where you can view your in-game characters. For some reason, I don’t see any characters there now :thinking: Maybe they deleted inactive character profiles or something.

2 Likes

I don’t see my characters either. :cry:

1 Like

Don’t have the game installed, but perhaps, you need to start it again, for the website to cache the character profiles. I remember it took 20 minutes to update, when I was active.

2 Likes

Me, I couldn’t care less about end game. I played through the Diablo 3 story several times with each class, but I don’t think I even finished one rift, or whatever it was called.

2 Likes

I do have it installed(and been playing a lot) and it says no characters. However I have not accessed the website in ever. So maybe its that. I’ll provide feedback in 20 then.

2 Likes

Ok in game I can see my hours per class(in the Profile menu). I didn’t give a review of D4 beta so my playtime is probably irrelevant(its probably also the lowest) but might as well start this process

My experience with D3 was bought on Day1 clocked same day. Then finished it again with a few more characters and shelved it. Along came Reaper of Souls and I got sucked back in for some more campaign goodness, and Adventure Mode FTW… And then seasons happened(or did Adventure mode come with seasons?). Sucked me in proper, and I started late with Season 16. Even though I only played 4 seasons, it was probably the most fun I had since launch.

So my playstyle with RPGs is generally just finish main story, maybe come back and replay with a few more characters or difficulties. But I will say the seasons of D3 changed that for me.

Anyhoo, my hours are as follows:

Necro - 0 hours (mal to pay that much for one character)
Witch Doctor - 24 hours
Demon Hunter - 38 hours
Crusader - 45 hours
Barbarian - 64 hours
Monk - 67 hours
Wizard - 156 hours

Total - 394 hours

4 Likes

I gave Path of Exile a good go but I hate the unnecessary complexity. Just the vendors alone have recipes and I don’t want to switch to a guide the whole time. I just want to play the game.

So that’s uninstalled.

Someone at MyBroadband showed me that it’s possible to buy Steam vouchers with eBucks so I just bought Last Epoch. Will see how it is.

2 Likes

Looks like I’ve got my money’s worth out of D3. Obvious what my favorite/least favorite classes are.

Hoping for more of the same with D4, when I get it.

3 Likes

how does one see how many hours one has played per class?

2 Likes
2 Likes

I posted it just a few messages above, in game, go to Profile Menu. The site does not seem to update your characters, mine still shows no characters.

3 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

I pulled the trigger yesterday. I hate having to spend so much money on a game but that beta sold it to me. I haven’t been this excited about a game in a very long time.

Even worse, I bought the Deluxe version. I can then take a long weekend and just play Diablo. It’s the week after my birthday. So my wife is sponsoring the upgrade to Deluxe.

I paid using USD. Hope it doesn’t give me problems when I want to play. I contacted support and they said it’s fine. I can pick Europe when I play. It’s quite a bit cheaper when using USD instead of EUR.

3 Likes

Never knew you could pay with USD, always assumed its take what your store gives you.

3 Likes

I thought so too but I tried on the US website and it let me pay without any problems.

3 Likes

I bought the D3 necro on the US store way back when and did not have any issues playing in EU. I’m sure D4 will work fine as well.

1 Like